Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATTN: ENGINE MOUNT REPLACEMENT
bd1308
post Dec 13 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #1

Sir Post-a-lot

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,501

I encountered a little mishap at the FFC this past year which bent the bolt that mounts the engine to the mount, which is nothing more than a piece of U channel with holes drilled in the right places. I assume I need four 911 sport mounts in order to recify this situation, which will cost on the order of 80+ dollars, just for mounts?

ANybody seen the U channel engine mount mod?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Dec 13 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Assuming you have a side-shifter and not a tail-shifter, the U-channel things are the stock parts. The 911 sport mounts will, if you install them the "regular" way, make the engine hang down too low and you will have problems shifting.

Clay tells me you can put the rubber mounts in upside-down and have things line up. But you'll have rubber mounts in the center (between the motor and the bar) and at the outer end (between the bar and the chassis) which would seem to be too much looseness.

I recommend getting the correct U-channel pieces from Pelican. Failing that, make 'em yourself out of U-channel that you absolutely know for certain is strong enough.

--DD
+Quote Post
jr91472
post Dec 13 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #3

"I'm pacing myself sergeant..."

Member No.: 2,437

Are you talking about the bracket that mounts to the center of the "old" tailshifter mounting bar?

If so, I have one that you can have. Let me know.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 04:47 PM