Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATTN: ENGINE MOUNT REPLACEMENT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I encountered a little mishap at the FFC this past year which bent the bolt that mounts the engine to the mount, which is nothing more than a piece of U channel with holes drilled in the right places. I assume I need four 911 sport mounts in order to recify this situation, which will cost on the order of 80+ dollars, just for mounts?

ANybody seen the U channel engine mount mod?
Dave_Darling
Assuming you have a side-shifter and not a tail-shifter, the U-channel things are the stock parts. The 911 sport mounts will, if you install them the "regular" way, make the engine hang down too low and you will have problems shifting.

Clay tells me you can put the rubber mounts in upside-down and have things line up. But you'll have rubber mounts in the center (between the motor and the bar) and at the outer end (between the bar and the chassis) which would seem to be too much looseness.

I recommend getting the correct U-channel pieces from Pelican. Failing that, make 'em yourself out of U-channel that you absolutely know for certain is strong enough.

--DD
jr91472
Are you talking about the bracket that mounts to the center of the "old" tailshifter mounting bar?

If so, I have one that you can have. Let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.