Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Front Sway Bar
doit2xs
post Dec 26 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,588
Region Association: None

Hi, can anyone tell me if the sway bar kit that lets you use a non though body sway bar work as well as the factory? Any info please email me back. I have a 71 914 and the front control arms have the U brackets. Thanks, Don
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 26 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

underbody bars offer 0 adjustability.....to some people that is a deal breaker...

the U-brackets are for thru-body installs...I'd have to see the "kit" to see how it attaches to the a-arms...

what size and what price range are we talking about?

+Quote Post
Brando
post Dec 27 2006, 03:17 PM
Post #3

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

914s that came with factory bars were through-body and went under the gas tank. Most aftermarket bars that are for stock 914s offer some adjustability and are a bit larger than stock.
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Dec 27 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

When the factory first started racing 914s in the USA, the SCCA did not allow you to drill through the chassis to install sway bars, so Richie Ginther and the other SCCA national racers had to put an underbody swaybar on the cars. Not as efficient as the through the body type, but Porsche went with a similar design on the mid 70s 911s as well.

If you have the brackets, go with a through the body type to get the adustability. Just be sure to weld in the proper mounting brackets for the area that the bar goes though the chassis. Any of the aftermarket bars (Weltmeister, etc.) are quite good and you should be happy with them. The original factory setup is also excellent, but lacks the adjustability of the aftermarket ones.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:19 AM