Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nitto NT-01, Soooo?
DanT
post Dec 27 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #1

Going back to the Dark Side!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

anyone have any information?

used them, heard of them, seen them in action?

thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
race914
post Dec 27 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #2

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2006, 02:16 PM) *

anyone have any information?

used them, heard of them, seen them in action?

thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi Dan,

Those look interesting

I don't know of anyone who has tried them. Curious to see the responses you get from those who have.

Greg
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Dec 27 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #3

B-)

Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

Dan- you are one smart dude - the Nitto web site says UGQT treadwear rating is 100. That means "street tires" in the GGR points system (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
Feel free to tell me I am wrong here and PM me that I am right and we will keep it a secret. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DanT
post Dec 27 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #4

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 27 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Dan- you are one smart dude - the Nitto web site says UGQT treadwear rating is 100. That means "street tires" in the GGR points system (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
Feel free to tell me I am wrong here and PM me that I am right and we will keep it a secret. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Already been down that road Chris. the rule reads wear rating of 100 or less....for R rated and over 100 for street tires ( 0 points)

That is why we are going to try to make more granularity with the points for tires next season. (2008)
>100WR 0 points
<100 but >60 would be like 50 points
<60wr would be 100 points
slicks 150 points

I would like to see this for AX and TT instead of differing points values for TT and AX.
+Quote Post
nine14cats
post Dec 27 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Member No.: 287

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2006, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 27 2006, 04:02 PM) *

Already been down that road Chris. the rule reads wear rating of 100 or less....for R rated and over 100 for street tires ( 0 points)

That is why we are going to try to make more granularity with the points for tires next season. (2008)
>100WR 0 points
<100 but >60 would be like 50 points
<60wr would be 100 points
slicks 150 points

I would like to see this for AX and TT instead of differing points values for TT and AX.

Dan,

A friend of mine is running these tires in his stock class BMW 3 series. He says they last much longer than Vicotracers and don't get greasy. He says his lap times are no different going to the Nittos versus the Vracers. I've heard the same from other folks running Mitsubishi cars. But all of these cars are heavier 3000lbs + cars, so I don't know if the they require the weight of the cars to get hot. I haven't seen a small car run them.

I've looked at a few tires with ratings in the 160 to 180 treadwears. Using the classing system, I could run 8.5 inch front rims and place my spec boxster in TT10 and AX9! In perspective, during our first AX running the Spec Boxster on Vracers we came in 6th overall to TTOD. The top placing AX9 participant came in 60th out of the 100 cars. Instead of trying to run a 2:09 to top the class in TT8, I would have to do high 2:13's at Thill. Probably doable in 160 wear rating tires.

Kinda makes you think...and also points out the deficiencies of the current points system. If I run greater than 100 stickies, I would have a caged car, lightened car running against street driven 1980 911SC's with full interior. Not very fair.

Bill P.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Dec 27 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #6

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

As posted on 914club.com these appear to be a step up from RA1's. Apparently this is Nitto tire leverages new Toyo design to be used in RA1 replacement. Stiffer sidewalls for better response than RA1's and you dont have to shave these like the RA1 to get similar performance.
+Quote Post
race914
post Dec 27 2006, 08:01 PM
Post #7

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

Dan,

When I was running stock class, I ran early NSX OE front tires Yokohama A022H1

(IMG:http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/yokohama/yo_a022.jpg)

120 treadwear. Worked pretty good.

Greg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:45 AM