Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Boat Names, thinking of renaming the boat
JB 914
post Dec 30 2006, 05:57 PM
Post #41

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,831

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 30 2006, 12:59 PM) *

Hey Joe,

When I was growing up our sail boat was called "Abel II", we bought it with that name but aparently the "Abel" burned up.

I always thought if I got a boat like yours, fishing boat/cruiser, I name it "Ona Pa'a!". That's Hawaiian for "Fish ON!"

Have you checked the local fishing reports lately.

-Have fun!

No have not been fishin for a few months. they have a few species closed right now. lobsters are open, but, i don't have the nets and i'm not going to invest in that equipment. they are still catching yellow tail out at Catalina,but, waters getting cold and they are heading back south. i need to do a few more shorter trips to make sure i've got all my engines right. i had some air gettting into the fuel line on my starboard engine. I'm pretty sure it's worked out, but, would rather do a little cruise or two to have piece of mind.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Dec 30 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #42

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Ture story. Acouple of years ago a friend of mine bought an old Ghris Craft yacht, and began restoring it. 40 something foot I think. Anyway the boats previous name was ANA - LORAL. Not being to crazy about that name but curious as to the boats past due to the name Brian begins asking around and doing some research on said craft. Apparently the boat belonged to 2 sisters who ran there own business. No not a bakery....no not a stamp shop....they "entertained" some local big wigs from time to time.....no not a catering company....Yup they were "professional" ladies.Brian then assumes that the boats name, was the sisters names.....WRONG. Now I ask you to look at the name ANA - LORAL one more time and re-arrange it ever so slightly..............

Yeah got it now ? ANA LORAL.......ANA L ORAL.......ANAL ORAL... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shocked[1].gif) ....ANAL - ORAL

Honest to god true story. Brian did get the boat shipwerthy (somewhat) but had a string of bad experiences with it and ended up selling it off after it ran aground from taking on water in the James River.
+Quote Post
JB 914
post Dec 31 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #43

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Member No.: 2,831

funny story Scotty, thanks!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 12:43 PM