Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 sighting rt. 32 maryland...light blue, is this you? make yourself known....
crash914
post Dec 29 2006, 01:31 PM
Post #1

its a mystery to me

Group: Members
Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

while running west on rt. 32 in maryland, near ellicott city/columbia, I spied with my little eye a light blue 914 running east bound.

this was at 1:45 on Friday. anyone here?

shout out!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914rat
post Dec 30 2006, 01:27 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,362

QUOTE(crash914 @ Dec 29 2006, 11:31 AM) *

while running west on rt. 32 in maryland, near ellicott city/columbia, I spied with my little eye a light blue 914 running east bound.

this was at 1:45 on Friday. anyone here?

shout out!!!

It wasn't me but I have a 74 2.0 olympic blue and I'm in Prince Frederick Md. I don't see to many 914's around , there was a guy that lived near there with a light blue/gray metallic with a 2.0 six conversion that had fiat X19 air scoops below the sail panel .Could it have been that one?
+Quote Post
crash914
post Dec 30 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #3

its a mystery to me

Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Nope..

it looked like it could have been olympic blue. not a metallic.

I have never seen this one before. just surprised to see it around columbia and laurel....I thought I knew most of them here.

I did see one in Craig's list for sale in Pasadena though...
+Quote Post
PinetreePorsche
post Dec 30 2006, 06:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,124

Hi--just 02c: I'm down in Falls Church (and dark grey), and excepting the 914s I've encountered through club events, I've seen exactly two 914s on the road in the past 5 years (actually one of those, in Waldorf MD--orange--was sitting w/a for sale sign at a gas station). Not quite like visible comets, but rare. I was wondering the other day if one of 50, or one of 100 cars I see are sports cars. Mostly Miatas, now days-- maybe one in 20 of the sports cars are Porsches. Maybe a third of these are Boxters recently, the rest mostly 911s. I think I see lots more front engine Porsches than 914s, but can't always tell which model from a distance. So yes, we're rare. But I get into a good conversation with a Boxter owner once in a while. -Chris H
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 04:49 PM