Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finally made it to 5th gear :)
Kerrys914
post Nov 17 2003, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Took my 914 to work today. On the way in I took the longer and slower route. It has been doing fine the 4-5 times I have driven it to work.

I decided today to hop onto I295 and give her a go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/MDB2.gif)

As I shifted into 5th the engine died (2-3 seconds) and then picked back up. It ran fine for the next 5-10 mins. I then slowed down and merged onto I64..Back upto 5th gear and the same thing happened..Tach goes to zero and the engine dies again (2-3 seconds) and then picked back up????

Any thoughts? I guess I will try tomorrow and see if It does it again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Cheers
Kerry
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 18 2003, 03:12 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

Something we havent discussed:

Fuel pump. Like the pressure relief valve is letting the fuel go buy and not keeping pressure in the lines. Giving you the feeling that the car is running out of gas.

I really have No idea. Just throwing out scenerios.

b
+Quote Post
type47
post Nov 18 2003, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Viermeister

Member No.: 994
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

coming back from the mid-atlantic ramble, my fan belt knocked the coil wire off. maybe a short or bad continuity/broken wire? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Nov 18 2003, 08:35 AM
Post #4

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

My coil was loose in the bracket, slid out, and one of the wires grounded out. That killed the car pretty quick. Make sure that the coil is tight and not moving around, causing a wire to ground. Probably not it, but something quick and easy to check.

Good luck,
+Quote Post
redshift
post Nov 18 2003, 08:43 AM
Post #5

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

When I get electrical gremlins, I go postal, and clean every contact, and every connector, in every system, nose-to-tail...

I use cans of contact cleaner, emory boards, paper, toothbrushes, toothpics, q-tips, and this dielectric grease that comes in a little tube.. and loses the label when the glue solves..

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Gluggling, and 'feels like ignition cutouts' can happen with bad spark wire sets, TPS, bad fuel pressure, iffy sparks, wrong heat range plugs, misgapped anything, broken advance, MPS misdialed, bad gas... combinations...

- (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) -

I just wanted to use that.

I missed the frontend of this.. I think.

M
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 03:25 AM