Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally made it to 5th gear :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
Took my 914 to work today. On the way in I took the longer and slower route. It has been doing fine the 4-5 times I have driven it to work.

I decided today to hop onto I295 and give her a go MDB2.gif

As I shifted into 5th the engine died (2-3 seconds) and then picked back up. It ran fine for the next 5-10 mins. I then slowed down and merged onto I64..Back upto 5th gear and the same thing happened..Tach goes to zero and the engine dies again (2-3 seconds) and then picked back up????

Any thoughts? I guess I will try tomorrow and see if It does it again. headbang.gif

Cheers
Kerry
Brad Roberts
Something we havent discussed:

Fuel pump. Like the pressure relief valve is letting the fuel go buy and not keeping pressure in the lines. Giving you the feeling that the car is running out of gas.

I really have No idea. Just throwing out scenerios.

b
type47
coming back from the mid-atlantic ramble, my fan belt knocked the coil wire off. maybe a short or bad continuity/broken wire? idea.gif
mike_the_man
My coil was loose in the bracket, slid out, and one of the wires grounded out. That killed the car pretty quick. Make sure that the coil is tight and not moving around, causing a wire to ground. Probably not it, but something quick and easy to check.

Good luck,
redshift
When I get electrical gremlins, I go postal, and clean every contact, and every connector, in every system, nose-to-tail...

I use cans of contact cleaner, emory boards, paper, toothbrushes, toothpics, q-tips, and this dielectric grease that comes in a little tube.. and loses the label when the glue solves..

smile.gif

Gluggling, and 'feels like ignition cutouts' can happen with bad spark wire sets, TPS, bad fuel pressure, iffy sparks, wrong heat range plugs, misgapped anything, broken advance, MPS misdialed, bad gas... combinations...

- welder.gif -

I just wanted to use that.

I missed the frontend of this.. I think.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.