Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Automobile Atlanta's dr 914 now onboard!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
22 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(40 - 59)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/jsharp.gif) By the way the barbecue smile reminds me that Friday is our cookout day if any one is in the area. Hamburgers on the grille for all.
+Quote Post
watsonrx13
post Jan 3 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 312
Region Association: South East States

George, I too would like to welcome you to this board.

I'm also a previous customer. I'm certain you don't remember me, but my wife and I drove our '72 from Tampa to Atlanta one Saturday and arrived after hours. You graciously invited us in and checked out the car. You were shocked, after putting it up on the lift, that we had driven the car that far without it breaking in half, due to the rust. We left the car with you. You and your staff completely removed the rust in the long, battery area and firewall. You gave us a ride to the airport, then picked us up on our return. You did a great job on the rustoration, but unfortunately the car was involved in an accident (not my fault) that totaled it...

Again, welcome to the maddness...

-- Rob and Robin
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #43

914 Guru

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:46 PM) *

George, I too would like to welcome you to this board.

I'm also a previous customer. I'm certain you don't remember me, but my wife and I drove our '72 from Tampa to Atlanta one Saturday and arrived after hours. You graciously invited us in and checked out the car. You were shocked, after putting it up on the lift, that we had driven the car that far without it breaking in half, due to the rust. We left the car with you. You and your staff completely removed the rust in the long, battery area and firewall. You gave us a ride to the airport, then picked us up on our return. You did a great job on the rustoration, but unfortunately the car was involved in an accident (not my fault) that totaled it...

Again, welcome to the maddness...

-- Rob and Robin

I am very sorry that after all of that effort and dollars you spent on your 914 that it is no more. I certainly hope that the insurance company understood and paid off accordingly. One of our mechanics totaled his 914 several months ago, just a mediocre 914 and State Farm paid of 17,900. Gives one an idea that the insurance companies are now on the money with these valuable 914s!
Hope you have a good replacement.
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Jan 3 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Dr. 914.
Your 914 dedication from way back when to this very instant shouts purely, 914.
Glad to see you will be posting in the new/old 914World. You will always find someone to share the 914 moments of experience and memories with here, 24/7.
Many ill 914 questions later.
Welcome is foremost at the moment.
Salute.
Mike Cooley
Oakfield TN

+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #45

914 Guru

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jan 3 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Dr. 914.
Your 914 dedication from way back when to this very instant shouts purely, 914.
Glad to see you will be posting in the new/old 914World. You will always find someone to share the 914 moments of experience and memories with here, 24/7.
Many ill 914 questions later.
Welcome is foremost at the moment.
Salute.
Mike Cooley
Oakfield TN

Very nice to hear from you again Mike! Thanks for all of the 914 contributions YOU have made over the years!
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 3 2007, 03:16 PM
Post #46

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Welcome George,
I built my first one with your catalog, prior to any 914.com anything (aside from your web site)

I hope you are here to stay and I also hope you have had a chance to update your computers...
We would all love to clean out your warehouse for you, just gotta know its really there...

Take Andy up on his offer, if anyone deserves to drive that car, its Andy.
As a matter of fact, I would be happy to do all the work, and still let Andy drive it. (while he is driving, ill go out to the junkyard and hunt)
He has done so much for this community, yet gets little if any reward.

Great to see you here, and please stay for the long haul, thick and thin.
I know you have thick skin...

Rich
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #47

914 Guru

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 3 2007, 01:16 PM) *

Welcome George,
I built my first one with your catalog, prior to any 914.com anything (aside from your web site)

I hope you are here to stay and I also hope you have had a chance to update your computers...
We would all love to clean out your warehouse for you, just gotta know its really there...

Take Andy up on his offer, if anyone deserves to drive that car, its Andy.
As a matter of fact, I would be happy to do all the work, and still let Andy drive it. (while he is driving, ill go out to the junkyard and hunt)
He has done so much for this community, yet gets little if any reward.

Great to see you here, and please stay for the long haul, thick and thin.
I know you have thick skin...

Rich

thank you very much for the candid comments Rich. I sincerely appreciate them. As you probably know I am from Connecticut so we yankees have tough skin and dry humor.
We have so much 914 stuff here and I personally know the inventory so well that we have never taken an accurate inventory and would probably have a heart attack thinking about doing so!!!!!! (for example I have over 1000 new battery trays!)
I am serious about getting the 916 running. It really needs some experienced with mechanical injection love, and we just do not have the time for it. I am looking down upon the roof of it through the glass (at least it looks shiny!) I drove the car up from Jacksonville when I first bought it, and it is quite different than any other 914 to drive in that the roof makes the chassis so stiff that it is like driving a mid engined coupe. No flex no groan no creak no double learch over the railroad track, nothing. Quite a car. Too bad no one thought so when it was made.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 3 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #48

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

Im happy to hop a plane and do it, provided we get Andy behind the wheel, maybe he can take it to next years PCA parade in San Diego...

Or whatever.

I could come down every 6 months if you want to keep all 12 going.

Rich
+Quote Post
cooltimes
post Jan 3 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,081

Very nice to hear from you again Mike! Thanks for all of the 914 contributions YOU have made over the years!

Dr. 914,
I have a quote, 914 related, " the mind is the 1st to go, when the 914 won't."

It was my pleasure to contribute 914 knowledge when I had some I could recall to those who asked for it but now I am forever back into the beginner's seat.

I got a wealth of info from those tip's you had in the catalog back when there was no Internet. It was a tool that stayed in my 914 24/7 and got dirty, hands on use.
thanks again.

To all others.
The world is a circle, so sooner or later, you need to forget what's not really important anymore and enjoy new friendships a new day can prompt.

Beep Beep.
Mike
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jan 3 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #50

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Hi George.

Good to see you here.

New tailight lenses? How much are the euro ones to sell for?

Hi Mark. 199.50 a set of two for the european.

Be sure to make an annoncement when they are ready to ship.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #51

914 Guru

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 3 2007, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Hi George.

Good to see you here.

New tailight lenses? How much are the euro ones to sell for?

Hi Mark. 199.50 a set of two for the european.

Be sure to make an annoncement when they are ready to ship.

I plan rick on posting some high color glossies!!!!!
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Jan 3 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 747

Your catalog from the early 90's made my heart go pitter pat - the one w/something like 5 914's parked diagonally facing each other. Damn you George, Damn you to hell b/c I've been sucked into this madness since I was 15. I'm 31 now and still at it. Of course when I Damn you I'm really saying thanks and

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
PORobinSCHE
post Jan 3 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #53

Member No.: 6,484

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!

does this mean you're our direct link for parts? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
joeav8tor
post Jan 3 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 3,493

Hi George,
welcome to the club...it is great to see you here...thanks for the parts and your emails to my many questions over the past two years...my 914 is really coming along, thanks to your help and Steve Gaglione. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
Joe Sedotto
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #55

914 Guru

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jan 3 2007, 02:43 PM) *

Your catalog from the early 90's made my heart go pitter pat - the one w/something like 5 914's parked diagonally facing each other. Damn you George, Damn you to hell b/c I've been sucked into this madness since I was 15. I'm 31 now and still at it. Of course when I Damn you I'm really saying thanks and

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)

Darn. I really feel so at home here! This guy who loves these cars so much he dedicated his life to them and infected guys like you with the same passion. Isn't it fabulous? And now the car is more popular than ever! Certainly beats falling in love with a rambler years ago!!!
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 3 2007, 05:58 PM
Post #56

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 3 2007, 06:01 PM
Post #57

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419

T.C. your opinion is shared by a lot of people. You have a right to speak up, and you should. But let's keep the name calling out of it please.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Jan 3 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #58

914 Guru

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.

Hi T.C. I do not what happened that time except that sometimes personalities clash. I personally am a very docile person who doesn't over react to anything or any one. I can see in you personal customer file with us, many many comments from different people here who have dealt with you. We try to keep good customer records here so we know how to treat different personality types, so if our treatment of you was not what you expected we apologize and will certainly make it up. We are all in this together and there is a way to work out any disagreement.
We are not in the business to take advantage of anyone, and certainly if you feel that way please call and tell me how and why.
+Quote Post
nomore9one4
post Jan 3 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #59

Member of the Eastcoast Thread Killers Club

Member No.: 14

I was wondering how long this was going to take (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) can we please try to keep this positive?
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jan 3 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #60

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

McMark, I respect your opinion and I chose not to use profanity, even though in this case I came really close. The "man" has been around 914s for 30 years, but has always used his flunkies on the forum, probably due to his lack of business morality and now he has finally choosen to show himself. Well if that is the case, he better be wearing a suit of armor as alot more sharper arrows than mine should be flying.

T.C.
+Quote Post

22 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 05:23 PM