Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta's dr 914 now onboard!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!
Rusty
Welcome, George... glad to see you onboard!

Cheers,
Rusty smoke.gif
SGB
Saw yer car at Hershey. Do ya keep it in a hyperbolic chamber or something? It was just right.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!

Wow George is in the house! What new developments are you working on for the 914 world?
Gustl
welcome.png - from far, far away biggrin.gif

Hi George,

nice to see you here - you might remember me, we were in contact several times

I'm that nuisance guy from Austria biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
nomore9one4
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif
BIGKAT_83
welcome.png Glad to see you here..

You have to be the first owner here of a REAL 916,what da ya say we take it for a spin around 285.

Bob
rmital
QUOTE(SGB @ Jan 3 2007, 02:22 PM) *

Saw yer car at Hershey. Do ya keep it in a hyperbolic chamber or something? It was just right.

...jeez...I gotta make it to Hershey this year. Only about 3 hours away. Maybe it wont rain this year.
SLITS
popcorn[1].gif smoke.gif popcorn[1].gif
Allan
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 3 2007, 09:50 AM) *

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif

This should be interesting...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 3 2007, 09:19 AM) *

Welcome, George... glad to see you onboard!

Cheers,
Rusty smoke.gif

Thank you Rusty. I am here to help the members! 30 years of just a 914 life has to be to someone's benefit!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SGB @ Jan 3 2007, 09:22 AM) *

thanks for the compliment! I always have said that some 914s should be shown, but most 914s driven!
John
Hello George,

Have you any news as to when the Windshield Seals may be done?

It was just on my mind....
Greyhound
Hi George. You might remember I "almost" bought a car from you. I remember you later sold the car in Japan. Glen Clayton.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Jan 3 2007, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 09:17 AM) *

Wow George is in the house! What new developments are you working on for the 914 world?

Hi Rob! We have just had a successful session with Motor Trend Classic doing an article on the Motor Trend car of the year, it should be in the January issue
We just finished making the new cross members for the floor pans and Tim did a fabulous job for us
The PERFECT tail lights are going to be here, from all places, India, in european us and italian,
Those darned windshield top seals samples are completely finished but he is having a little trouble with separation where the block joins the lateral piece, but ALMOST!!!!!!!!! (this guy has done all of our rubber so I KNOW that he will come through!
The 914 restoration business is booming with many spending over 50,000.00 to restore 914s they bought new or took their honeymoons in! I am astounded at the current prices of 914s in the market
We have more than ten new small plastic items in the works now and have planned a new exact match dash pad we are working on
We are planning on making many more 914 parts this year. At the rate that the factory is discontinuing them, it just kills us to try to keep up!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jan 3 2007, 09:35 AM) *

welcome.png - from far, far away biggrin.gif

Hi George,

nice to see you here - you might remember me, we were in contact several times

I'm that nuisance guy from Austria biggrin.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

Hi Wolfgang! Yes I remember! We are so spoiled here in the U.S. because 75% of the 914 production came our way!!! But yet you live right next door to where all of the parts are made!! Sure wish I spoke German!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jan 3 2007, 09:42 AM) *

welcome.png Glad to see you here..

You have to be the first owner here of a REAL 916,what da ya say we take it for a spin around 285.

Bob

Yes the car needs its legs stretched! I figure it would take about 3500 is sweat parts and labor to get it going as it has been sitting now for over six years in our dehumidified glass display area. How about coming by for a week and volunteering to get it going so you can take that spin??
propricer
Wow ... I'm surprised to see you here George .. pleasantly surpised.

I'm sure some negatives will surface but I hope you will grin and bear it as I'm sure it will be mutually beneficial.

Again, welcome ... we NEED your experience and expertise.

Ed ( ProPricer ) Ducey
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(John @ Jan 3 2007, 10:28 AM) *

Hello George,

Have you any news as to when the Windshield Seals may be done?

It was just on my mind....

Red is the man doing them and has done all of our other 914 rubber seals with success. He has just called me yesterday and said he has a production sample but has had problems with the vulcanizing between the end block and the lateral. But soon soon. Believe me I want it more than anyone. I have invested way too much money in this project and could have had a thousand of them already from india but without the metal in them so we did not do it. It is so bad when something drags out like this. Not as bad as those darn tail light lenses from china though. They were not good enough after sending samples 12 times finally got it done in india and sample one was great! They will be here this month
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(propricer @ Jan 3 2007, 10:49 AM) *

Wow ... I'm surprised to see you here George .. pleasantly surpised.

I'm sure some negatives will surface but I hope you will grin and bear it as I'm sure it will be mutually beneficial.

Again, welcome ... we NEED your experience and expertise.

Ed ( ProPricer ) Ducey

I am here Ed and will take and reply to anything that is dished out. I am very happy that the club has reorganized under 914 world and that is why I am here. I know I can help the members for the shear fact that I have devoted the last 30 years of my life to the 914! One has to learn something after all of that time!!! Thank you for the kind words.
jr91472
welcome.png

see you around!
StratPlayer
Your knowledge will be deeply appreciated. welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 10:45 AM) *

Yes the car needs its legs stretched! I figure it would take about 3500 is sweat parts and labor to get it going as it has been sitting now for over six years in our dehumidified glass display area. How about coming by for a week and volunteering to get it going so you can take that spin??

i'm not bob, but i would not hesitate to fly out to atlanta for a week to get that car going (and go for a spin). i'm serious.

welcome to the madhouse, george! bye1.gif

i was just checking in this AM to see how everybody was doing and saw you had signed up.

i'm glad you finally made it over here, your expertise is very much apprechiated.

this thread might interest you:
MYTHBUSTERS: Did Gugelot really design the 914?

welcome.png Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Greyhound @ Jan 3 2007, 10:31 AM) *

Hi George. You might remember I "almost" bought a car from you. I remember you later sold the car in Japan. Glen Clayton.

Hi Glen. Of course I remember you! That japanese guy just came and bought three 914s in a whirlwind, and then proceeded to total the lot car he asked to borrow! The cops called me to meet him at the hospital. I was leary of letting a right hand driver borrow a left hand car! Turned left on red!!!!!
His money was good though, then he was so embarrassed that I never heard from him again. Funny.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 3 2007, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 10:45 AM) *

i'm not bob, but i would not hesitate to fly out to atlanta for a week to get that car going (and go for a spin). i'm serious.

welcome to the madhouse, george! bye1.gif

i was just checking in this AM to see how everybody was doing and saw you had signed up.

i'm glad you finally made it over here, your expertise is very much apprechiated.

this thread might interest you:
MYTHBUSTERS: Did Gugelot really design the 914?

welcome.png Andy

Thank you Andy! I am serious also. Our little museum of the twelve needs a curator as some of these cars have not been run in quite a while! I think that with a fuel system clean some oil leaks repaired and brakework it would be ok, although you probably would be shocked at the crude nature of this car being a prototype!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 3 2007, 10:55 AM) *

Your knowledge will be deeply appreciated. welcome.png

thank you I hope I make a good difference this year.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Jan 3 2007, 10:53 AM) *

welcome.png

see you around!

Thank you.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 11:02 AM)
Thank you Andy! I am serious also. Our little museum of the twelve needs a curator as some of these cars have not been run in quite a while! I think that with a fuel system clean some oil leaks repaired and brakework it would be ok, although you probably would be shocked at the crude nature of this car being a prototype!

i had the pleasure to do a thorough inspection of 914114, so no, i don't think i would be shocked by anything prototype anymore ... biggrin.gif

i'm getting ready for a well-deserved vaction in new zealand, i'll get back in touch with you once i'm back.

you supply the tools, i do the wrenching ... smash.gif
beerchug.gif Andy
nomore9one4
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 3 2007, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 11:02 AM)

i had the pleasure to do a thorough inspection of 914114, so no, i don't think i would be shocked by anything prototype anymore ... biggrin.gif

i'm getting ready for a well-deserved vaction in new zealand, i'll get back in touch with you once i'm back.

you supply the tools, i do the wrenching ... smash.gif
beerchug.gif Andy

Hi Andy bye1.gif Good to see you here aswell! I think this new/old site is going to work out just fine! smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jan 3 2007, 09:55 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 3 2007, 09:50 AM) *

agree.gif popcorn[1].gif

This should be interesting...

We will try hard to make it fun and interesting. I have great humor in my 914 soul
william harris
Welcome George. I have often reminded the detractors of the time, effort, money and energy you have invested in 914s when nobody else believed they were worth the time of day. You surely don't remember, but as I started my restoration project 3 years ago you willingly spent a lot of time on the phone answering my questions (questions you had probably answered a million times already). I have made many purchases from AA and never had a problem, in fact you supplied OEM seat belts for my car, unopened in the factory boxes and when my car was in paint AA saved the day (Mr. Treadwell) by rush shipping the steel rocker panels to the body shop after the other vendor (named omitted to protect the guilty) failed to supply the product ordered a month earlier and failed to answer the phone for more than a week. I also have the AA supplied stainless steel thresholds in my car which are a nice enhancement over the black plastic ones. Here's the finished product. thumb3d.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(william harris @ Jan 3 2007, 11:27 AM) *

Welcome George. I have often reminded the detractors of the time, effort, money and energy you have invested in 914s when nobody else believed they were worth the time of day. You surely don't remember, but as I started my restoration project 3 years ago you willingly spent a lot of time on the phone answering my questions (questions you had probably answered a million times already). I have made many purchases from AA and never had a problem, in fact you supplied OEM seat belts for my car, unopened in the factory boxes and when my car was in paint AA saved the day (Mr. Treadwell) by rush shipping the steel rocker panels to the body shop after the other vendor (named omitted to protect the guilty) failed to supply the product ordered a month earlier and failed to answer the phone for more than a week. I also have the AA supplied stainless steel thresholds in my car which are a nice enhancement over the black plastic ones. Here's the finished product. thumb3d.gif

wow, wow, wow! I love the color combination. Thank you very much for the kind words and the dedication to the marque, Bill.
morph
Nice to see you come on board george.
james
appearance & performance
GeorgeRud
I'm overjoyed to hear you're joining up and chiming in. The accumulated 914 knowledge base of this site just had a major expansion thanks to your participation.

May your comments help the community and your business succeed (as Porsche has pretty much decided to make almost all old 914 and 911 parts NLA) with all the new contacts. Please stay in touch often! beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(morph @ Jan 3 2007, 12:10 PM) *

Nice to see you come on board george.
james
appearance & performance

thank you James! I ride a k1100rs by the way!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jan 3 2007, 12:24 PM) *

I'm overjoyed to hear you're joining up and chiming in. The accumulated 914 knowledge base of this site just had a major expansion thanks to your participation.

May your comments help the community and your business succeed (as Porsche has pretty much decided to make almost all old 914 and 911 parts NLA) with all the new contacts. Please stay in touch often! beerchug.gif

I am really flattered thank you very much for the kind words. The 914 is my world that is for sure!
JeffBowlsby
Hi George...glad you are here and eager for your participation.

cool.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi George.

Good to see you here.

New tailight lenses? How much are the euro ones to sell for?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 3 2007, 12:33 PM) *

Hi George...glad you are here and eager for your participation.

cool.gif

Thank you Jeff! Three of your cars are here today One black and three white! Also I heard that Bob's car we sold him is to be in Excellence. Pretty good exposure for the only special edition model of the 914 ever produced!
Keep up the good work.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Hi George.

Good to see you here.

Hi Mark. 199.50 a set of two for the european.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
jsharp.gif By the way the barbecue smile reminds me that Friday is our cookout day if any one is in the area. Hamburgers on the grille for all.
watsonrx13
George, I too would like to welcome you to this board.

I'm also a previous customer. I'm certain you don't remember me, but my wife and I drove our '72 from Tampa to Atlanta one Saturday and arrived after hours. You graciously invited us in and checked out the car. You were shocked, after putting it up on the lift, that we had driven the car that far without it breaking in half, due to the rust. We left the car with you. You and your staff completely removed the rust in the long, battery area and firewall. You gave us a ride to the airport, then picked us up on our return. You did a great job on the rustoration, but unfortunately the car was involved in an accident (not my fault) that totaled it...

Again, welcome to the maddness...

-- Rob and Robin
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:46 PM) *

George, I too would like to welcome you to this board.

I'm also a previous customer. I'm certain you don't remember me, but my wife and I drove our '72 from Tampa to Atlanta one Saturday and arrived after hours. You graciously invited us in and checked out the car. You were shocked, after putting it up on the lift, that we had driven the car that far without it breaking in half, due to the rust. We left the car with you. You and your staff completely removed the rust in the long, battery area and firewall. You gave us a ride to the airport, then picked us up on our return. You did a great job on the rustoration, but unfortunately the car was involved in an accident (not my fault) that totaled it...

Again, welcome to the maddness...

-- Rob and Robin

I am very sorry that after all of that effort and dollars you spent on your 914 that it is no more. I certainly hope that the insurance company understood and paid off accordingly. One of our mechanics totaled his 914 several months ago, just a mediocre 914 and State Farm paid of 17,900. Gives one an idea that the insurance companies are now on the money with these valuable 914s!
Hope you have a good replacement.
cooltimes
Dr. 914.
Your 914 dedication from way back when to this very instant shouts purely, 914.
Glad to see you will be posting in the new/old 914World. You will always find someone to share the 914 moments of experience and memories with here, 24/7.
Many ill 914 questions later.
Welcome is foremost at the moment.
Salute.
Mike Cooley
Oakfield TN

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jan 3 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Dr. 914.
Your 914 dedication from way back when to this very instant shouts purely, 914.
Glad to see you will be posting in the new/old 914World. You will always find someone to share the 914 moments of experience and memories with here, 24/7.
Many ill 914 questions later.
Welcome is foremost at the moment.
Salute.
Mike Cooley
Oakfield TN

Very nice to hear from you again Mike! Thanks for all of the 914 contributions YOU have made over the years!
r_towle
Welcome George,
I built my first one with your catalog, prior to any 914.com anything (aside from your web site)

I hope you are here to stay and I also hope you have had a chance to update your computers...
We would all love to clean out your warehouse for you, just gotta know its really there...

Take Andy up on his offer, if anyone deserves to drive that car, its Andy.
As a matter of fact, I would be happy to do all the work, and still let Andy drive it. (while he is driving, ill go out to the junkyard and hunt)
He has done so much for this community, yet gets little if any reward.

Great to see you here, and please stay for the long haul, thick and thin.
I know you have thick skin...

Rich
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 3 2007, 01:16 PM) *

Welcome George,
I built my first one with your catalog, prior to any 914.com anything (aside from your web site)

I hope you are here to stay and I also hope you have had a chance to update your computers...
We would all love to clean out your warehouse for you, just gotta know its really there...

Take Andy up on his offer, if anyone deserves to drive that car, its Andy.
As a matter of fact, I would be happy to do all the work, and still let Andy drive it. (while he is driving, ill go out to the junkyard and hunt)
He has done so much for this community, yet gets little if any reward.

Great to see you here, and please stay for the long haul, thick and thin.
I know you have thick skin...

Rich

thank you very much for the candid comments Rich. I sincerely appreciate them. As you probably know I am from Connecticut so we yankees have tough skin and dry humor.
We have so much 914 stuff here and I personally know the inventory so well that we have never taken an accurate inventory and would probably have a heart attack thinking about doing so!!!!!! (for example I have over 1000 new battery trays!)
I am serious about getting the 916 running. It really needs some experienced with mechanical injection love, and we just do not have the time for it. I am looking down upon the roof of it through the glass (at least it looks shiny!) I drove the car up from Jacksonville when I first bought it, and it is quite different than any other 914 to drive in that the roof makes the chassis so stiff that it is like driving a mid engined coupe. No flex no groan no creak no double learch over the railroad track, nothing. Quite a car. Too bad no one thought so when it was made.
r_towle
Im happy to hop a plane and do it, provided we get Andy behind the wheel, maybe he can take it to next years PCA parade in San Diego...

Or whatever.

I could come down every 6 months if you want to keep all 12 going.

Rich
cooltimes

Very nice to hear from you again Mike! Thanks for all of the 914 contributions YOU have made over the years!

Dr. 914,
I have a quote, 914 related, " the mind is the 1st to go, when the 914 won't."

It was my pleasure to contribute 914 knowledge when I had some I could recall to those who asked for it but now I am forever back into the beginner's seat.

I got a wealth of info from those tip's you had in the catalog back when there was no Internet. It was a tool that stayed in my 914 24/7 and got dirty, hands on use.
thanks again.

To all others.
The world is a circle, so sooner or later, you need to forget what's not really important anymore and enjoy new friendships a new day can prompt.

Beep Beep.
Mike
rick 918-S
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 12:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Jan 3 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Hi George.

Good to see you here.

Hi Mark. 199.50 a set of two for the european.

Be sure to make an annoncement when they are ready to ship.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.