Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta's dr 914 now onboard!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Misha @ Jan 4 2007, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 08:51 AM) *

That was always the code for the paint to sample, so if someone had a color they really loved, the factory would paint the 914 to that paint sample. Therefore some chick ordered her pink 914 back then!! Really neat and unique to have one! We have seem some crazy original paint purples as well!

If i recall correctly, there were at least 3 pink 98 cars with almost sequential Vin numbers.
That would indicate some intentional involvement of Porsche.

Misha

Hi Misha. I would think that some corporation probably ordered the sequential cars. Something like Mary Kay (although I know that they only ordered cadillacs back then!)
rmital
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 4 2007, 01:23 PM) *

For those of you here who are new to the 914, I would recommend you get a copy of 700 Tech Tips. It is full of relavent information for the 914 and it will answer alot of questions you might have as to "what the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit"

....thanks for mentioning that one boxstr....sounds useful.
Eric_Shea
Looking at that gold 914 world, maybe we could get that badge made in india so that members could attach it to their 914s?

Run with it...
Coy
I probably shouldn’t say anything, but here’s my 2 cents…

I have worked for years for a company that really values customer service. Nothing pisses me off worse than to get poor service. Mostly because I feel a need to provide courteous and professional assistance to every customer, because that’s how I grew up in a manufacturing/sales industry. With that said; I am sure that in the 18 years of my professional career, I have pissed a number of people off. Would I do it on purpose? Well, maybe. Would I do it on my best day with a client that I really connected with? Well of course not. Would I try to fix it if I could either way? Well I hope so.

I bought about $1600 worth of parts from AA for my first 914 back in 1993-94. That may not be a lot of money to you rich bastards, but it certainly was to me (considering I only paid $1700 for the car). The guy on the phone was generally a dick, but they got me the parts I needed in the time they said they would. I don’t have to like the guy to order parts I need, and he doesn’t have to like me. It’s always nice when we get along, but I buy thousands of dollars worth of gas every year from people I don’t even know. Anyhow… I had a problem with a brake caliper and I tried to return it about 6 months later. They didn’t like that it had been so long, but after a little grief they did me right. All my parts worked and I loved my car again.

This year… The weekend before WCC06 my driver’s side door latch broke. I couldn’t be the only guy in Portland with a car he couldn’t open from outside with the window up. So I called up Automobile Atlanta… I was panicked. I called AA and they sent me two latches for a reasonable price, right on time. I also ordered a new interior light, and it’s a thing of beauty. I fixed the door and enjoyed a wonderful weekend of 914 love, with a bunch of other crazies.

Automobile Atlanta is a company with a bunch of people who work there. They each have good days and they have bad days. So do I. I still have my 1993 Automobile Atlanta catalog ‘cause it’s got 100 great 914 tips. To tell you the truth I’m not so impressed with the counter help at my local NAPA store either, but I buy parts from them. They have good parts… and they aren’t bad people. I don’t go hang out at their house on the weekend, but I'll buy car and motorcyle parts from them.

And that's all I got to say about that…
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 4 2007, 09:42 AM) *

Looking at that gold 914 world, maybe we could get that badge made in india so that members could attach it to their 914s?

Run with it...

I have the man to make it if someone has a sample and the club approves!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 4 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Why don't we have a forum called..."Ask Da Doctor" or something....you up for that?

what ever it takes I am here now for the club. Let me have it!!!!!!

Well Dr. I have this rash that.... w00t.gif Nevermind,I will just get an over the counter cream bootyshake.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 4 2007, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 4 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Why don't we have a forum called..."Ask Da Doctor" or something....you up for that?

what ever it takes I am here now for the club. Let me have it!!!!!!

Well Dr. I have this rash that.... w00t.gif Nevermind,I will just get an over the counter cream bootyshake.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

I like the humor!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Coy @ Jan 4 2007, 09:49 AM) *

I probably shouldn’t say anything, but here’s my 2 cents…

I have worked for years for a company that really values customer service. Nothing pisses me off worse than to get poor service. Mostly because I feel a need to provide courteous and professional assistance to every customer, because that’s how I grew up in a manufacturing/sales industry. With that said; I am sure that in the 18 years of my professional career, I have pissed a number of people off. Would I do it on purpose? Well, maybe. Would I do it on my best day with a client that I really connected with? Well of course not. Would I try to fix it if I could either way? Well I hope so.

I bought about $1600 worth of parts from AA for my first 914 back in 1993-94. That may not be a lot of money to you rich bastards, but it certainly was to me (considering I only paid $1700 for the car). The guy on the phone was generally a dick, but they got me the parts I needed in the time they said they would. I don’t have to like the guy to order parts I need, and he doesn’t have to like me. It’s always nice when we get along, but I buy thousands of dollars worth of gas every year from people I don’t even know. Anyhow… I had a problem with a brake caliper and I tried to return it about 6 months later. They didn’t like that it had been so long, but after a little grief they did me right. All my parts worked and I loved my car again.

This year… The weekend before WCC06 my driver’s side door latch broke. I couldn’t be the only guy in Portland with a car he couldn’t open from outside with the window up. So I called up Automobile Atlanta… I was panicked. I called AA and they sent me two latches for a reasonable price, right on time. I also ordered a new interior light, and it’s a thing of beauty. I fixed the door and enjoyed a wonderful weekend of 914 love, with a bunch of other crazies.

Automobile Atlanta is a company with a bunch of people who work there. They each have good days and they have bad days. So do I. I still have my 1993 Automobile Atlanta catalog ‘cause it’s got 100 great 914 tips. To tell you the truth I’m not so impressed with the counter help at my local NAPA store either, but I buy parts from them. They have good parts… and they aren’t bad people. I don’t go hang out at their house on the weekend, but I'll buy car and motorcyle parts from them.

And that's all I got to say about that…

Great thoughts Coy. Certainly a very reasonable man you are. I deal with CARS in New Jersey for my 64 Buick Riviera parts to restore my Dad's original car. Unbelievable "you know whats" as you say. Yet they have all of the parts I need. However what really irritates me the most about that company is that no one knows ANYTHING about the car even though they profess to be the authorities! A real joke. I really do not mind being abused by them while trying to order parts, but the non knowledge is the capper. A simple question like "how many do I need" or "what clip do I need" goes unanswered!!!!! I ended up buying two other cars for parts bins/models so I will know what is where and how it will go together.
They make our company look like absolute angels, even to t.c.davis!!!!!
Joe Bob
Wanna buy a hat, shirt or coffee mug?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 4 2007, 10:23 AM) *

Wanna buy a hat, shirt or coffee mug?

sure sign me up!
McMark
George, don't expect the tech question to come to you. There are plenty here that you can just jump in and answer. wink.gif You haven't made a single post outside this thread. Time to get out of here and look around. cool.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 4 2007, 11:03 AM) *

George, don't expect the tech question to come to you. There are plenty here that you can just jump in and answer. wink.gif You haven't made a single post outside this thread. Time to get out of here and look around. cool.gif

Thank you very much for the steer Mark. I will see what I can do. I of course cannot give any v-8 conversion advice!!!!!
markb

I am overwhelmed at all of the posts and am afraid that if I replied to them all I would never again have time for anything else!!!!!
[/quote]
Why should you be any different than the rest of us crazy 914 owners? We seem to live here. biggrin.gif
Oh, welcome.png
dr914@autoatlanta.com
[quote name='markb' date='Jan 4 2007, 01:54 PM' post='842597']
I am overwhelmed at all of the posts and am afraid that if I replied to them all I would never again have time for anything else!!!!!
[/quote]
Why should you be any different than the rest of us crazy 914 owners? We seem to live here. biggrin.gif
Oh, welcome.png
[/quote]

good point! Just feel like I have an obligation! That is all Thank you for the post.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hi Everyone. As many suggested I will try to reply to tech inquiries not of this thread and am available at the dr914@autoatlanta.com.
We are in the middle of a rust repair right now if you need any tech pictures. We are installing left and right floor pans and are reconstructing the right rear longitudinal.
nomore9one4
Rust repair photos are always welcome. That is probably the biggest issue with this little car sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif
gary gartner

First off, I applaud you 'COY' for a well presented comment on the AA love 'em/hate 'em deal, thanks wish I could have put it as well boldblue.gif

Second, I have ordered from AA numerous times,( always got what I needed when I needed it) talked to Dr.George a few times and said a prayerful 'thank you' to my copy of 'Tech Tips' when it and the old paper AA catalog got me out of a problem with the car, WAY before I knew that the internet and 914 BBS's even existed.

So, thank you Doctor

Gary beer.gif driving.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gary gartner @ Jan 4 2007, 02:35 PM) *

First off, I applaud you 'COY' for a well presented comment on the AA love 'em/hate 'em deal, thanks wish I could have put it as well boldblue.gif

Second, I have ordered from AA numerous times,( always got what I needed when I needed it) talked to Dr.George a few times and said a prayerful 'thank you' to my copy of 'Tech Tips' when it and the old paper AA catalog got me out of a problem with the car, WAY before I knew that the internet and 914 BBS's even existed.

So, thank you Doctor

Gary beer.gif driving.gif

and THANK YOU Gary! And thank you everyone who has helped me survive these last 30 years!!!!
Mueller
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 09:33 AM) *

That was always the code for the paint to sample, so if someone had a color they really loved, the factory would paint the 914 to that paint sample. Therefore some chick ordered her pink 914 back then!! Really neat and unique to have one! We have seem some crazy original paint purples as well!

If i recall correctly, there were at least 3 pink 98 cars with almost sequential Vin numbers.

Misha

Hi Misha. I would think that some corporation probably ordered the sequential cars. Something like Mary Kay (although I know that they only ordered cadillacs back then!)

I was also thinking that the "pink" 914s could have originally been ordered for Playboy, they used to give thier Playmate of the month (or year or whatever) a car as well.....maybe a dealer special ordered them hoping to get Hugh to buy the cars blink.gif

oh yea, welcome George.....count me as somebody that has never had a problem with AA...then again I've never bought anything from you, but I'm sure that'll change one of these days if I cannot find my stuff local or on the West Coast...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 4 2007, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 09:33 AM) *

Misha

I was also thinking that the "pink" 914s could have originally been ordered for Playboy, they used to give thier Playmate of the month (or year or whatever) a car as well.....maybe a dealer special ordered them hoping to get Hugh to buy the cars blink.gif

oh yea, welcome George.....count me as somebody that has never had a problem with AA...then again I've never bought anything from you, but I'm sure that'll change one of these days if I cannot find my stuff local or on the West Coast...

thank you!!
jhadler
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 03:06 PM) *

Hi Everyone. As many suggested I will try to reply to tech inquiries not of this thread and am available at the dr914@autoatlanta.com.
We are in the middle of a rust repair right now if you need any tech pictures. We are installing left and right floor pans and are reconstructing the right rear longitudinal.

George,

Your rustoration would be a PERFECT thread to start of your own. Post some update pictures, describe what's being done, and everyone will be rivited (or should I say "welded"?) to the thread, eagerly awaiting the next update. Not kidding...

sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

(we're missing a smiley with an angle grinder...)

Hanging out on this thread is just testing the water... Jump on in! biggrin.gif We would all love to see the progress of a rust repair or read some technical comments from someone who's been doing this as long as 914's have been on the road...

-Josh2
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jhadler @ Jan 4 2007, 04:15 PM) *

George,

Your rustoration would be a PERFECT thread to start of your own. Post some update pictures, describe what's being done, and everyone will be rivited (or should I say "welded"?) to the thread, eagerly awaiting the next update. Not kidding...

Hanging out on this thread is just testing the water... Jump on in! biggrin.gif We would all love to see the progress of a rust repair or read some technical comments from someone who's been doing this as long as 914's have been on the road...

-Josh2

Thanks Josh. I certainly could have my man Jason begin to send the pics that we send to customers of the progress on their cars. have really turned out some real treasure from true trash. Too bad it damn costs so much to do! He will be back in couple of days and we will see what happens.
JPB
Looks like you got some major fans mister!!!

Ya, me to. biggrin.gif J.P. Blouin
Allan
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 04:22 PM) *

I certainly could have my man Jason begin to send the pics that we send to customers of the progress on their cars.

Tell him to make sure there's no hot dog wrappers mixed in with them...
URY914
I gotta ask.

Why now? Why are you now coming out and wanting to help everyone after years of silence? There have been well known 914 sites for over 5-6 years now and we've never heard from you. Seems a little odd.

BTW, I've ordered from AA in the past and never had a problem.
Mr.C
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 4 2007, 06:40 PM) *

I gotta ask.

Why now? Why are you now coming out and wanting to help everyone after years of silence? There have been well known 914 sites for over 5-6 years now and we've never heard from you. Seems a little odd.

Maybe it's not him? Maybe it's Sam......or Alfred? Dr. send me some steel flares and I will be convinced! happy11.gif
welcome.png
Part Pricer
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 4 2007, 09:40 PM) *
I gotta ask.

I think the answer is that Rusty took the initiative and posted a nice invite on the AA site.

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jan 4 2007, 01:23 PM) *

For those of you here who are new to the 914, I would recommend you get a copy of 700 Tech Tips. It is full of relavent information for the 914 and it will answer alot of questions you might have as to "what the fuck is wrong with this piece of shit"
Jon Lowe when he was 914 Tech for the Porsche Club of America carried a copy of 700 Tech tips with him everywhere he went. That is where I first learned about the book.
CCLINCAMPOUT2007

I've known Jon for many years & I miss that long fingered SOB a LOT!
iamchappy
George, I have been searching for the early original style exterior door handle for the passinger side. (the ones without the casting notch or gap between the seam of the flapper and lockcylinder). The original style came packaged in a gray box with red lettering and the new ones with the notch come in brown.
You by chance wouldnt have any available.
I have purchased 2 off them already and had to send them back because they had the notch.
Pat Garvey
I've heard some negative things about AA since I've been affiliated with this/THAT site & have kept my mouth shut (for those of you who know anything about me, that's tough for me).

My experiences with AA & George are from the md-90's, and they were positive. My wife was stationed in Atlanta in '94 for 16 weeks. i made the trip from Cincy four times during that period. Each time, I found a way to sneak over to AA. The first time was on a Saturday, and you would have thought I was a long lost friend. Got the full tour from George, though not in the magic room - looked at it from above. Didn't buy a thing, but was treated well.

Second time I got a tour of the "yard" & some 914's under resto. Remember, I was just there for grins. Did buy some rubber pieces & trinkets. Last 2 times were on a Sunday & couldn't believe the 914's that were available for tire kicking. Subsequently bought a couple of minor things from that catalog. In all instances I was treated as a customer should be. No nasy attitudes, not back order problems.

Because I never had a problem, and because years have passed since that period, I've not responded to the negatives.

I don't know the problems that others may/may not have had & I've had none. But, I do sort of wonder why all of a sudden George has appeared. There's no doubt that he has a wealth of tech info we ALL can benefit from, but why after all these years? I've only been associated with this/THAT site for about 10 months, but why now? Marketing opportunity? No problem w/that. What were the bad vibes all about - I never experienced any problems, but that was the '90's.
Pat
SGB
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Jan 4 2007, 09:01 PM) *

Rusty took the initiative... on the AA site .

good job Mate.

I really do want to see the rust repair stuff too, George.

Have you ever had a car develop a split lengthwise under the long? I think I did this over bad RR tracks at 50 mph....
the picture is looking up from underneith near the rear of the passenger opening, in front of the firewall, beyond the hole hole. Looks to be under the curved duct coming from the engine compartment carrying heated air.
iamchappy
My experience with AA was from the late 70's and 80's I always received what I ordered never had a problem and had pleasant phone conversations with George, I looked forward to the catalog every year. Whatever anyone has to say I give him credit for being a 914 pioneer.
PinetreePorsche
Before this thread morphs from the good Dr. himself to rust repair (maybe that could move to its own thread), I'd like to add another voice of welcome. Yes, I've dealt with AA, with a few frustrations but no hard feelings. And maybe nay-sayers could hold thetir tongues for a while (maybe a long while)--after all, we've just seen what not being nice can get us--a temporary shut-down and a scism. Like the title of the book--"Everything I need to know, I learned in kindergarten"--like be nice to your playmates. Of course, those of us who have read and re-read Dr George's Tips book will tell you, they don't teach that stuff in kg. A man of deep experience--lets be friends. -Chris H, in the DC 'burbs, who is now the lucky owner of Geo's first 9014--the silver/black stripe one that was in early promo pics and later in Kit Car Illustrated about 10 years ago! It's undergoing some work, but not quite a restoration--Geo has been very nice and most helpful when I've called AA to get info on the car. (But where did it spend its missing decade?)
thomasotten
Hi George!

Good to see you here! One thing I do whenever I call AutoAtlanta to place an order, I always request to speak to George directly. That way I am dealing with someone who knows what I need, rather than just an order-taker. I want to say this, however: In the early days of my 914 experience (1988-99 era), George's catalog and on-the-phone tech advice was a life saver. For instance, if you had a clutch cable problem, Automotion or Tweek's catalog would tell you to buy their extra-thick welmiester cable. George told me to look at the firewall, and see that the clutch tube needed re-welding. I had to drive my car to and from college, and his advice enabled me to fix some of the problems that had plagued my until-then mistreated 914. There was no internet at the time, so knowledge was something I appreciated tremendously. And even today, that is why I have such a tremendous respect for folks like him, and Jake Raby comes to mind, and all the others who are willing to share their knowledge. Glad to see you here, it seems like the club is more complete now!

Thomas
MJHanna
popcorn[1].gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jan 4 2007, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 4 2007, 04:22 PM) *

I certainly could have my man Jason begin to send the pics that we send to customers of the progress on their cars.

Tell him to make sure there's no hot dog wrappers mixed in with them...

We are now eating fresh hotdogs on the grille every friday along with the burgers and if you are in town you are certainly invited! "No more of THEM wrappers!"
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jan 5 2007, 05:14 AM) *

Hi George!

Good to see you here! One thing I do whenever I call AutoAtlanta to place an order, I always request to speak to George directly. That way I am dealing with someone who knows what I need, rather than just an order-taker. I want to say this, however: In the early days of my 914 experience (1988-99 era), George's catalog and on-the-phone tech advice was a life saver. For instance, if you had a clutch cable problem, Automotion or Tweek's catalog would tell you to buy their extra-thick welmiester cable. George told me to look at the firewall, and see that the clutch tube needed re-welding. I had to drive my car to and from college, and his advice enabled me to fix some of the problems that had plagued my until-then mistreated 914. There was no internet at the time, so knowledge was something I appreciated tremendously. And even today, that is why I have such a tremendous respect for folks like him, and Jake Raby comes to mind, and all the others who are willing to share their knowledge. Glad to see you here, it seems like the club is more complete now!

Thomas

Thank you Thomas. Great looking car. There is no reason that this club cannot become stronger every day.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Jan 4 2007, 08:00 PM) *

Before this thread morphs from the good Dr. himself to rust repair (maybe that could move to its own thread), I'd like to add another voice of welcome. Yes, I've dealt with AA, with a few frustrations but no hard feelings. And maybe nay-sayers could hold thetir tongues for a while (maybe a long while)--after all, we've just seen what not being nice can get us--a temporary shut-down and a scism. Like the title of the book--"Everything I need to know, I learned in kindergarten"--like be nice to your playmates. Of course, those of us who have read and re-read Dr George's Tips book will tell you, they don't teach that stuff in kg. A man of deep experience--lets be friends. -Chris H, in the DC 'burbs, who is now the lucky owner of Geo's first 9014--the silver/black stripe one that was in early promo pics and later in Kit Car Illustrated about 10 years ago! It's undergoing some work, but not quite a restoration--Geo has been very nice and most helpful when I've called AA to get info on the car. (But where did it spend its missing decade?)

the third version of the 9014, the kits made to economically save a derelict, is three quarters of the way to making molds but we are at a stopping point because we do not have a dedicated man to finish the mockup. It looks much more like the 904 that inspired it and has many improvements over the first two designs.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jan 4 2007, 07:51 PM) *

My experience with AA was from the late 70's and 80's I always received what I ordered never had a problem and had pleasant phone conversations with George, I looked forward to the catalog every year. Whatever anyone has to say I give him credit for being a 914 pioneer.

thank you for your kind words. Business has changed over the years of course. We used to place and ad and then mass mail the 914 catalog...simple. These days it is really hard to focus and of course because of the limited 914 numbers out there one is forced (especially when doing porsche ONLY!) to provide for the other models. None of you have heard me say this NOR write this, but the 944 business is just as strong as the 914 business. I have become a real 944 enthusiast not.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(JPB @ Jan 4 2007, 05:22 PM) *

Looks like you got some major fans mister!!!

Ya, me to. biggrin.gif J.P. Blouin

thank you . I am HERE for the club.
dr914@autoatlanta.com

I gotta ask.

I did not care for the old sites and frankly had way too much going on trying to rennovate the six houses of which I just closed on the last one at the end of december!!!!! I am now "free at last free at last"

This new site is my personally approved one. (that is my feeling but also a joke for those of you without much of a sense of humor!!!!)
nomore9one4
I guess it's time we start talking LLC av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Mr.C @ Jan 4 2007, 06:52 PM) *

I gotta ask.

Maybe it's not him? Maybe it's Sam......or Alfred? Dr. send me some steel flares and I will be convinced! happy11.gif
welcome.png

those flares are really sweet and we have at least thirty sets in stock and one set has your name on it!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 5 2007, 07:12 AM) *

I guess it's time we start talking LLC av-943.gif

I am ready.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jhadler @ Jan 4 2007, 04:15 PM) *

George,

-Josh2

I will start a new thread with a stream of pics of customers cars coming up. Everyone will be able to see the best and the worst the economical and the expensive.
By the way the Motortrend car sure came out perfectly, not really because of us but because of the fact that it was not that molested. Amazing what can happen when one starts with a reasonable 914. The article should be this month in Motor Trend classic. Should give all of our club members 914s a boost, along with every other 914 owner! We need to get a 914 placed in overhaulin' and/or in a movie!
martinef1963
Greg - as a relative newbie to the 914 world I've always found this new/old site an invaluable tool. I've been to your Marietta shop twice (the guy from Miami), the last time we met was over Thanksgiving holidays - I was visiting my sister.

You've always have taken the time to explain some trivial stuff and I want to thank you for that. Also your 700 Tech book is full of valuable information - especially for a rookie like myself.

I'm glad to see that you are a member of this forum.

kind regards from sunny Miami

Fernando clap56.gif
martinef1963
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Jan 5 2007, 10:29 AM) *

Greg - as a relative newbie to the 914 world I've always found this new/old site an invaluable tool. I've been to your Marietta shop twice (the guy from Miami), the last time we met was over Thanksgiving holidays - I was visiting my sister.

You've always have taken the time to explain some trivial stuff and I want to thank you for that. Also your 700 Tech book is full of valuable information - especially for a rookie like myself.

Fernando clap56.gif

Err, I meant George (see still a rookie) sad.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(martinef1963 @ Jan 5 2007, 07:29 AM) *

Fernando clap56.gif

thank you and will look forward to talking with you the next time you visit. I have a lot to show anyone who visits (including our new sign!!!)
nomore9one4
George, do you still have your paper catalog? or is it in CD form?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 4 2007, 07:43 PM) *

I've heard some negative things about AA since I've been affiliated with this/THAT site & have kept my mouth shut (for those of you who know anything about me, that's tough for me).

My experiences with AA & George are from the md-90's, and they were positive. My wife was stationed in Atlanta in '94 for 16 weeks. i made the trip from Cincy four times during that period. Each time, I found a way to sneak over to AA. The first time was on a Saturday, and you would have thought I was a long lost friend. Got the full tour from George, though not in the magic room - looked at it from above. Didn't buy a thing, but was treated well.

Second time I got a tour of the "yard" & some 914's under resto. Remember, I was just there for grins. Did buy some rubber pieces & trinkets. Last 2 times were on a Sunday & couldn't believe the 914's that were available for tire kicking. Subsequently bought a couple of minor things from that catalog. In all instances I was treated as a customer should be. No nasy attitudes, not back order problems.

Because I never had a problem, and because years have passed since that period, I've not responded to the negatives.

I don't know the problems that others may/may not have had & I've had none. But, I do sort of wonder why all of a sudden George has appeared. There's no doubt that he has a wealth of tech info we ALL can benefit from, but why after all these years? I've only been associated with this/THAT site for about 10 months, but why now? Marketing opportunity? No problem w/that. What were the bad vibes all about - I never experienced any problems, but that was the '90's.
Pat

thank you for the frank and candid comments Pat. Long time no see. I am very delighted with this new club and made it my new year's resolution to join and lend my knowledge. I am also freer now of some other heavy real estate obgligations!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.