Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta's dr 914 now onboard!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2007, 03:38 PM) *

that bad huh?

Thaaaaaaat bad. laugh.gif

wow.
Zanardi
Hey George. I am picking up my new project this weekend, a Nepal Orange '75 914 2.0. The car was orginally a 1.8. Anyway, upon looking over it, I found many service records from none other than Automobile Atlanta.

Needless to say, I know I am in waay over my head, but I look forward to learning a lot. I will definitly need your direction, products and services in the future. I'm up in Cumming and I'm very familiar with your location.

As a matter of a fact, I remember being a kid riding in the back on my parent's car staring up at all the Porsches....sorry to make you feel old!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 13 2007, 03:45 PM) *

that bad huh?

wow.

He's not so bad.....we like to kid.....
Eric_Shea
confused24.gif

Not so bad? How much worse would one have to get??? biggrin.gif

(keep in mind, he is my future ex-son-in-law)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 13 2007, 06:05 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 13 2007, 03:45 PM) *

that bad huh?

wow.

So who is he and how can I contact him to learn a few things about the 914??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2007, 06:13 PM) *

confused24.gif

Not so bad? How much worse would one have to get??? biggrin.gif

(keep in mind, he is my future ex-son-in-law)

Wooh dad. He must be REALLY bad!
Joe Bob
He lives in a van down by the river...he gives motivational speeches to teenagers that think 914 are cool.....
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 14 2007, 07:23 AM) *

He lives in a van down by the river...he gives motivational speeches to teenagers that think 914 are cool.....

What is great about this thread is that I am totally in the dark about this guy! Maybe with enough hints I could finally guess!
Eric_Shea
Who brought up Professor 914 in the first place? confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Prof 914 is a Nom de Plume/screen name for a certain character that posts on the Club Narp site.....he pops in, stirs the pot and then pops back out to smoke some pot.....
SLITS
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 14 2007, 08:06 AM) *

I did ......

He's my hero and mentor ......

Taught me everything I know about 914s and life .....

Last time I talked to him he was moving his AirStream from Down by the River to Rocky Mountain High.

Mainly sits in his chair on his polyethelyene portable porch, drinks Cassadores, smokes pot and speaks of the "Good Ol' Days" when he ran Automobile California. He swears he's gonna bring AC back before he croaks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 14 2007, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 14 2007, 08:06 AM) *

I did ......

He's my hero and mentor ......

Taught me everything I know about 914s and life .....

Last time I talked to him he was moving his AirStream from Down by the River to Rocky Mountain High.

Mainly sits in his chair on his polyethelyene portable porch, drinks Cassadores, smokes pot and speaks of the "Good Ol' Days" when he ran Automobile California. He swears he's gonna bring AC back before he croaks.

Is it Otto? Little too old though to be eric's son in law!!!!!!
Joe Bob
Otto....aka John Williams is too mean to be related to anyone .....

He even hates me...
Eric_Shea
You had your clue... biggrin.gif

Oh... and, my daughter's 7. In about 6 more year's she'll be "Brigham-Age" wink.gif
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 14 2007, 04:14 PM) *

He even hates me...

That doesn't mean anything.... I like you, and still Hate you alfred.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 14 2007, 04:14 PM) *

He even hates me...

so Have I ever talked to professor 914 from auto california??
Trekkor
Years ago I bought one of your "Flex air dams". I had one on my '75 and really liked it.

It became "NLA" due to the vendor stopping production.

Do you/will you have these available again?

thanks,

KT
Twystd1
Rumor has it that Automobile California might open up again with a new owner.. (Without the Doc?... Blasphemy)

Thats just rumor mind you.

I spoke with (you know who) yesterday and he said it might happen again..

I remember the good old days with the Auto Cal guys...

Yup... Those were the days...... You guys remember Gramps and that Ron guy..????

Good times man....good times...

Admin please delete if this is not appropriate. It's just hearsay....

Twystd1
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Feb 17 2007, 12:40 AM) *

Rumor has it that Automobile California might open up again with a new owner.. (Without the Doc?... Blasphemy)

Thats just rumor mind you.

I spoke with (you know who) yesterday and he said it might happen again..

I remember the good old days with the Auto Cal guys...

Yup... Those were the days...... You guys remember Gramps and that Ron guy..????

Good times man....good times...

Admin please delete if this is not appropriate. It's just hearsay....

Twystd1

Maybe I could enlist him as automobile atlanta west coast! We are probably about the same age so should get along famously.
So.Cal.914
You bring the pot I am sure you'll get along just fine. smoke.gif
Twystd1
Spoke with "THE MAN" today....

"Automobile California" is probably going to open back up In Long Beach, CA.

The Professor is gunna be there....!!!!

I will believe it when I see it.....

Think about guys..... No more Ottos, No More Steves, no more Tweeks...etc....

I hope this really happens.

I wonder if Glenn will come on board??????

Will Eric move and get involved.

Pappy and Scrappy might join in on this.... Thats the rumor as I hear it anyway....

I dunno..... Lets see what happens....

C
Aaron Cox
dude! that professor knows his stuff!

cant wait till he re-opens! remember the show room????

omg... drool city!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Feb 19 2007, 11:22 PM) *

dude! that professor knows his stuff!

cant wait till he re-opens! remember the show room????

omg... drool city!

the guy cannot possibly have as good a collection of 914s as this east coast show room has!
bd1308
smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
this is killing me. I am very jealous! Wish I was in California! Load up the truck and move...
Eric_Shea
Will Eric move and get involved.

With all the million$ involved in selling 914 parts, I'd be eyeing a nice Malibu estate (or two)! w00t.gif
Twystd1
George,

Give us some more tips or some more questions... I like those questions... It's good for the brain..!!!! And it's thought provoking. I like it.

Ya have any tough high performance engine questions for us?????

Clayton
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Mar 5 2007, 03:39 PM) *

George,

Give us some more tips or some more questions... I like those questions... It's good for the brain..!!!! And it's thought provoking. I like it.

Ya have any tough high performance engine questions for us?????

Clayton

thanks for the positive vibes Clayton. I think Jake Raby is the high performance man! I am more of a "stock concours know it all" of 914 trivia and bits. I could play a good game of "name that 914 bolt!"
914werke
Heres one George:
clips
Are just the fasteners avalable ?
Twystd1
Yup..

Jake is the man when it comes to trick engine technology... No doubt.

Clayton
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 5 2007, 09:33 PM) *

Heres one George:
clips

No we use allen bolts and nuts when we have to replace the clips. As you know they just pop out.
Bleyseng
How about the side light to body gaskets? Do you have those?
SLITS
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 6 2007, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Mar 5 2007, 09:33 PM) *

Heres one George:
clips

No we use allen bolts and nuts when we have to replace the clips. As you know they just pop out.

I use the nylon fastners & nutz ..... more mimics the original plastic and nothing to rust.
carr914
QUOTE(fat73 @ Feb 11 2007, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.

Nice people skills TC. Got a good book for you. How Win Friends and Influence People. Can you read?

Welcome George.

Ed aka W9R1

Ed, Yes, I can read, and I don't need to know how to win friends and influence people. I think I would rather have a small group of friends that I can trust vs having lots of acqaintences, some of whom stab you in the back for no reason. I know from talking to some of George's friends that he can be a phenominal guy, but if I wanted to make nice, I would call him or email him back. However that bridge was burned many years ago by George and his Nice People Skills many years ago. Lastly, the last time I looked, I still live in America, and am entitled to my opinions.

T.C.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2007, 07:52 AM) *

QUOTE(fat73 @ Feb 11 2007, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.

Nice people skills TC. Got a good book for you. How Win Friends and Influence People. Can you read?

Welcome George.

Ed aka W9R1

Ed, Yes, I can read, and I don't need to know how to win friends and influence people. I think I would rather have a small group of friends that I can trust vs having lots of acqaintences, some of whom stab you in the back for no reason. I know from talking to some of George's friends that he can be a phenominal guy, but if I wanted to make nice, I would call him or email him back. However that bridge was burned many years ago by George and his Nice People Skills many years ago. Lastly, the last time I looked, I still live in America, and am entitled to my opinions.

T.C.

And now you have us all in suspense T.C. as to what exactly happened to you when you visited Automobile Atlanta that made you so bitter!!!!! Please tell it in all of the gory details so you can get it off your chest and we can move on!
carr914
Please I intend to make this my last post to your thread, as I am not into games or pissing matchs, which apparently is what has happened. I don't believe I need to get into all the gory details and dirty laundry, so we can move on, because I already have, many many moons ago.

My 1st post was actually more in response to the surprize I had that George was on-line. Also in it's original form was out of line (to some obviously it still is) for which I apologized. It was intended for people to do their homework. On the "CLUB" there were many threads concerning problems with AA. Apparently I was the only one to stand up and say something.

George, the problem we had that Saturday morning in 1997, would probably be insignifigant to some people, but it was your complete rudeness to me ( up to then I would say I was regular customer of yours) that was and is the problem.

The only reason I posted again was to counter a post by FAT73 that I considered a personnal slam out of leftfield. Ed, I've known you since the mid 90s and didn't think I had done anything negative to you. If I did, I apologize. Now did I slam George in my original post, Yes, but there a business relationship there that was broken.

Finally, George, as I also stated in another post, I do not Hate you, as that is not a concept I will ever embrace. I know from speaking to Steve G. that you can be stand-up guy and a good friend. I believe that he would say the same things about me. It is truly a shame what happened, as you and I, obviously love this vehicle.

And to all, A Good Night, T.C.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2007, 10:06 AM) *

Please I intend to make this my last post to your thread, as I am not into games or pissing matchs, which apparently is what has happened. I don't believe I need to get into all the gory details and dirty laundry, so we can move on, because I already have, many many moons ago.

My 1st post was actually more in response to the surprize I had that George was on-line. Also in it's original form was out of line (to some obviously it still is) for which I apologized. It was intended for people to do their homework. On the "CLUB" there were many threads concerning problems with AA. Apparently I was the only one to stand up and say something.

George, the problem we had that Saturday morning in 1997, would probably be insignifigant to some people, but it was your complete rudeness to me ( up to then I would say I was regular customer of yours) that was and is the problem.

The only reason I posted again was to counter a post by FAT73 that I considered a personnal slam out of leftfield. Ed, I've known you since the mid 90s and didn't think I had done anything negative to you. If I did, I apologize. Now did I slam George in my original post, Yes, but there a business relationship there that was broken.

Finally, George, as I also stated in another post, I do not Hate you, as that is not a concept I will ever embrace. I know from speaking to Steve G. that you can be stand-up guy and a good friend. I believe that he would say the same things about me. It is truly a shame what happened, as you and I, obviously love this vehicle.

And to all, A Good Night, T.C.

that was in my opinion a very kind and forthright remark. Thank you (but I would still like to know what happened that day in 1997!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.