Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile Atlanta's dr 914 now onboard!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jan 24 2007, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 24 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Obviously this car needs to be displayed for one and all to see.

Why .... it represents nothing but a bunch of trouble and would have rotted in the desert .... Sorry Sam.

To any NORMAL person I would totally agree with you. Then there are 914 owners, and then on top of that 914 collectors, and finally on top of that somebody who has been referred to as "dr 914" (the latter probably would have enjoyed rotting in the desert along with his first born!)
nomore9one4
I would like to see the famous #4. idea.gif although, I do not want to put my finger prints on it. Just in case dry.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 24 2007, 01:02 PM) *

I would like to see the famous #4. idea.gif although, I do not want to put my finger prints on it. Just in case dry.gif

FUNNY MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Probably if the car had been an old hulk of a 1975 chevy out in the woods with a tree growing out of the engine compartment, someone would have pinned a metal on one's chest for removing it!!!!!!
Eric_Shea
#11 is being restored right now. I'll have pictures of the "Interesting" calipers the factory chose to put on this car soon.

It is the first production 914-6 off the line; correct?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 24 2007, 01:50 PM) *

#11 is being restored right now. I'll have pictures of the "Interesting" calipers the factory chose to put on this car soon.

i wonder if he ever went back to the dealer to have the seat adjuster fixed ...
idea.gif Andy

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/zRecall9F01.jpg
Eric_Shea
lol3.gif

I doubt it.

It was pulled and used by the factory as a demonstrator car (so the story goes). It's loaded with factory goodies like a twin plug 2.0 and S-Calipers and GT calipers. I think it has glass hoods as well. It's been sitting in a barn for quite a while.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 24 2007, 01:50 PM) *

correct. We had no 31 at one time with the rear shock tower serial number and the diagnoisis plug near the relay board and the prototype rear tail light panel. It even that late was very different than later production. We have the last remnents of 23 but it was heavily rusted and scrapped.
McMark
This thread sure does meander from topic to topic. dry.gif Can't we let this one die and start new ones? thumb3d.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 24 2007, 02:16 PM) *

We have the last remnents of 23 but it was heavily rusted and scrapped.

add it to the VIN list!
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=membervins

cool_shades.gif Andy
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 24 2007, 02:40 PM) *

This thread sure does meander from topic to topic. dry.gif Can't we let this one die and start new ones? thumb3d.gif

this is the dr 914 official chat line Mark.
cantley914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 23 2007, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 23 2007, 06:01 AM) *

George, is AA/yourself going to have a vendors area at Hershey this year? driving.gif

Hi Robert and thank you for the post. We used to do that years ago but the market has really changed and we are trying only to hit the big concours events. With the advent of E bay, swap meets are becoming a thing of the past and to take a bunch of stuff up there to sell is really futile, and if we ever need to buy any used parts for resale we too just look on e bay and can usually find what we want. Sad but true! Will attend the parade the registry holiday Hilton head concours and four local concours and amelia island this year.
Other than that really nothing as we are so needed on the phones, for example saturdays are slammed with tech advice and people coming to visit so it is hard to leave here!

Despite the fact it's been raining the past couple of Hershey's swap meet events, Hershey's swap meet is and remains one of the biggest and most popular event.
I don't remember one year I went there and didn't find what I was looking for either new or used. Why I don't mind driving 8.5 hrs to go there. (Ok it's true it gives me a week-end off and I love this town !!!)
In my own opinion, I rather buy something in front of me I can look, hold, and verify than something on E-bay that I only see a picture , not sure where it comes from or even exist !!!

Finally, I come to say that Hershey is the place it is (and would be) the place where the new and repro parts should be displayed.

George, I hope you reconsider your thoughts and hope to shake your hand there in the spring.

Cheers,
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Jan 24 2007, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 23 2007, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 23 2007, 06:01 AM) *

George, is AA/yourself going to have a vendors area at Hershey this year? driving.gif

Hi Robert and thank you for the post. We used to do that years ago but the market has really changed and we are trying only to hit the big concours events. With the advent of E bay, swap meets are becoming a thing of the past and to take a bunch of stuff up there to sell is really futile, and if we ever need to buy any used parts for resale we too just look on e bay and can usually find what we want. Sad but true! Will attend the parade the registry holiday Hilton head concours and four local concours and amelia island this year.
Other than that really nothing as we are so needed on the phones, for example saturdays are slammed with tech advice and people coming to visit so it is hard to leave here!

Despite the fact it's been raining the past couple of Hershey's swap meet events, Hershey's swap meet is and remains one of the biggest and most popular event.
I don't remember one year I went there and didn't find what I was looking for either new or used. Why I don't mind driving 8.5 hrs to go there. (Ok it's true it gives me a week-end off and I love this town !!!)
In my own opinion, I rather buy something in front of me I can look, hold, and verify than something on E-bay that I only see a picture , not sure where it comes from or even exist !!!

Finally, I come to say that Hershey is the place it is (and would be) the place where the new and repro parts should be displayed.

George, I hope you reconsider your thoughts and hope to shake your hand there in the spring.

Cheers,

Thank you for the thoughtful remarks. I would like to know the exact dates please
cantley914

Sure,

Hershey swap meet is April 28th this year see link below

http://www.cpa-pca.org/

Cheers,

Steph
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Jan 24 2007, 04:01 PM) *

Sure,

Hershey swap meet is April 28th this year see link below

http://www.cpa-pca.org/

Cheers,

Steph

Would be good to encourage a considerable 914 contingent to show up and maybe have their own booth in which to hang out all weekend. Maybe make it an east coast club meeting place
nomore9one4
We will be there. drunk.gif but without 914
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 25 2007, 01:32 PM) *

Let's do a group buy on this. 50 914 owners sign up to be there and dr 914 shows up. THAT would be a good excuse to everyone for me not to be here. I am not cheap that's why it would take 50! Every one gets a free tech tips 700 latest version signed by me personally, and I buy everyone a drink at the local hangout!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 25 2007, 01:41 PM) *

Let's do a group buy on this. 50 914 owners sign up to be there and dr 914 shows up. THAT would be a good excuse to everyone for me not to be here. I am not cheap that's why it would take 50! Every one gets a free tech tips 700 latest version signed by me personally, and I buy everyone a drink at the local hangout!

Does that include family members that will be attending? Because you know member "Fitsbain" has 8 kids and there all going. w00t.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 25 2007, 01:45 PM) *

Does that include family members that will be attending? Because you know member "Fitsbain" has 8 kids and there all going. w00t.gif

Well I will certainly count wives, but refuse to buy the kids a drink!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 25 2007, 01:49 PM) *

I meant could the kids count in the "50" members to sign up and you would show up deal? besides "fitsbain"really does not have 8 kids. I heard he sold a couple to pay for his restoration! confused24.gif smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 26 2007, 11:04 AM) *

I meant could the kids count in the "50" members to sign up and you would show up deal? besides "fitsbain"really does not have 8 kids. I heard he sold a couple to pay for his restoration! confused24.gif smile.gif

I know that that is what you meant!! I cannot count the kids though. (of course if there are children of 914 owners who own 914s they are certainly counted!) I have already received info from the hershey lodge, so I am expecting a big 914 turnout!
nomore9one4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 26 2007, 11:12 AM) *

I know that that is what you meant!! I cannot count the kids though. (of course if there are children of 914 owners who own 914s they are certainly counted!) I have already received info from the hershey lodge, so I am expecting a big 914 turnout!

Very nice to hear! We may just take up my brothers six on the trailer if I can talk him into it. So we can atleast drive it around up there. He has only owned the car for about 20miles worth of driving, so reliability is still far from unknown. We will look forward to seeing you there. Bob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 26 2007, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 26 2007, 11:12 AM) *

I

Very nice to hear! We may just take up my brothers six on the trailer if I can talk him into it. So we can atleast drive it around up there. He has only owned the car for about 20miles worth of driving, so reliability is still far from unknown. We will look forward to seeing you there. Bob

If we get the quota we could all certainly plan something?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am leaving AA now, but remember all weekend tech advice is just a phone call away: 404 308 5652
nomore9one4
We will be making our reservation tomorrow. I will post were we will be staying,cost, etc. Hope we can all meet up. smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would like as well to host some kind of 914 cruise in here this year on a saturday. Free food door prizes etc. Just need a volunteer coordinator!
grantsfo
Any new AA group buys planned?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jan 29 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Greg may want to do another one as soon as the tail light sets hit. He was so kind to do the flare thing and keep me out of solicitation. I want to keep my input non commercial! We will have red, red amber, and clear. The samples we received are superb! By the way my windshield top seal man called today and said almost...what ever that means! but at least he called me!!!
gregrobbins
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 02:15 PM) *

Greg may want to do another one as soon as the tail light sets hit. He was so kind to do the flare thing and keep me out of solicitation. I want to keep my input non commercial! We will have red, red amber, and clear. The samples we received are superb! By the way my windshield top seal man called today and said almost...what ever that means! but at least he called me!!!

Send me a sample of the standard US model and I will stick them on the Bumble Bee restoration and see how they fit/look. If they pass my demanding standards biggrin.gif , we can do another group buy. mueba.gif

Thanks for the Flair buy George. 33 sets shipped. The buy started around the 4th of January and everyone got them or their in transit, except for the last five who knew theirs had to be manufactured. Thanks for cutting us such a good deal!

Let me know when your ready to talk about a tail light buy.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 29 2007, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 29 2007, 02:15 PM) *

Send me a sample of the standard US model and I will stick them on the Bumble Bee restoration and see how they fit/look. If they pass my demanding standards biggrin.gif , we can do another group buy. mueba.gif

Thanks for the Flair buy George. 33 sets shipped. The buy started around the 4th of January and everyone got them or their in transit, except for the last five who knew theirs had to be manufactured. Thanks for cutting us such a good deal!

Let me know when your ready to talk about a tail light buy.

I can assure you Greg that you will be the first in your neighboorhood to own a beautiful set of the repro 914 tail light lenses to install on your limited edition! After all I DO have my favorites!!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It is 4:18 PM here and I am leaving. Please remember I am always available for tech advice. 770 427 2844 ext 16 is my 914 hq office number 404 308 5652 is my cell and 770 971 4950 is my home. 914 tech advice 24 hours a day.
ConeDodger

Oh no George! Shea is from Utah! He has at least 8 wives! blink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Feb 4 2007, 08:14 AM) *

Oh no George! Shea is from Utah! He has at least 8 wives! blink.gif

More power to the MAN! Sounds like me long long ago back at Washington and Lee!!

They would kick me out of Utan these days for not being able to handle the requirement! Go Eric! (He will be a hit with the women here is Atlanta when he comes to visit)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I will be out from wednesday afternoon to friday afternoon but if anyone needs tech advice I am on my phone 404 308 5652
914/6 Sporto
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 06:17 PM) *

Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!

Hello George!

I am new over here, I am coming from Germany! Can you supply the price or the offer for the 914/6 Sportomatic, you had at AA? The one being shown in the Excellence Magazine last year!

Greetings from Stuttgart beerchug.gif

Jürgen
Eric_Shea
welcome.png Jürgen
fat73
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.

Nice people skills TC. Got a good book for you. How Win Friends and Influence People. Can you read?

Welcome George.

Ed aka W9R1
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(fat73 @ Feb 11 2007, 06:51 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 3 2007, 03:58 PM) *

WTF Did I just step into a space/time warp. All of a sudden everything is peaches and cream now that Sir George has arrived. Did everyone suddenly forget how many times his company screwed our members. George, you are a @*#:. I for one will never forget how rudely you personally treated me at your facility. Members beware.

T.C.

Nice people skills TC. Got a good book for you. How Win Friends and Influence People. Can you read?

Welcome George.

Ed aka W9R1

Ed, this (as T.C. says it: @*#:, is here for you and everyone in the club. I will do my best to make amends for all who feel that we have wronged them! I really do not know who T.C. is but have invited him up to visit with us and discuss his past problem, saying that he was treated rudely when he was here!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914/6 Sporto @ Feb 11 2007, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 3 2007, 06:17 PM) *

Hello every one! I am very happy to see this new club and am very enthused about becoming an active member! Hopefully we can all keep the squabbles down! Please e mail me at any time you have something on your 914 mind and I will give you an instant reply!

Hello George!

I am new over here, I am coming from Germany! Can you supply the price or the offer for the 914/6 Sportomatic, you had at AA? The one being shown in the Excellence Magazine last year!

Greetings from Stuttgart beerchug.gif

Jürgen

Hi Jurgen! We have available a brand new sportomatic transmission case available for you for only 50.00!!!! We have several available heavily discounted from our usual file price! May we send you one??
jasons
George, I got a set of flares in the group buy. Can they sit on the shelf for a while in raw steel, or should I hit them with some primer?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 12 2007, 08:36 AM) *

George, I got a set of flares in the group buy. Can they sit on the shelf for a while in raw steel, or should I hit them with some primer?

they are coated so are fine to sit on the shelf!
r_towle
QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 12 2007, 11:36 AM) *

I have found that coating the raw steel with a liberal coat of WD40 , wrapped in a plastic bag (air tight) can help alot.

Rich
Joe Bob
So Doc....ya got a rubber seal kit for a 58 356?
SLITS
Hey, just thought I would step in and stirthepot.gif the shit.

While I took a shot a George when he first came here, I won't do it again. He is living up to his promise to be a good boy in the garage and is only hawking his products in the classifieds ..... the way things should be.

It's been really fun matching his knowledge against our collective knowledge ...

So, with that said, let's ditch the war that exists between websites and/or individuals. The past is just that .... the past. If you feel the need to judge, let it be on future performance .... not what is already done and gone.

Anyway ..... Hi George, you're doing a great job, but you'll never touch Professor 914 av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 13 2007, 01:05 PM) *

So Doc....ya got a rubber seal kit for a 58 356?

Hi mike. I replied personally. We just got back our 65 356 sc and it is beautiful!!!!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2007, 02:25 PM) *

While I took a shot a George when he first came here, I won't do it again. He is living up to his promise to be a good boy in the garage and is only hawking his products in the classifieds ..... the way things should be.

It's been really fun matching his knowledge against our collective knowledge ...

So, with that said, let's ditch the war that exists between websites and/or individuals. The past is just that .... the past. If you feel the need to judge, let it be on future performance .... not what is already done and gone.

Anyway ..... Hi George, you're doing a great job, but you'll never touch Professor 914 av-943.gif

I would love to be introduced to the professor!
Joe Bob
ANd I replied....I'm in the process of stripping it down....what does the kit consist of?

BTW...don't ven THINK of touching Prof 914....you'll get a disease....
markb
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 13 2007, 02:25 PM) *

Who are you and what have you done with Slits?

biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea

No you wouldn't... trust me. lol3.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 13 2007, 03:15 PM) *

No you wouldn't... trust me. lol3.gif

that bad huh?
Eric_Shea
that bad huh?

Thaaaaaaat bad. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.