Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help from any 356 guys out there, value of a good running engine
tomkirkcis
post Jan 11 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,064

Hi guys. Sorry to post off topic but I have a short time frame to make a descison on a purchase and hope someone out there knows the 356 market better than I do,

I am restoring a 60 356 cab barn find. The original number case engine was apart in baskets. It is at the engine builder, but I need a lot of items (starter, generator, some tin etc) to ultimately put it back together.He also works like a snail.

I ran across a nice running COMPLETE engine, from aircleaner to clutch with complete exhaust and muffler. I could plug in and go. I could finish the correct engine whenever and put it on the shelf. It is only a normal and not the correct year for my car but it would be minimal hassle to get to DRIVE it.. Is this worth 4k?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jan 11 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #2

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

That's a little steep UNLESS it has a reputable rebuild behind it. Decent running not so recent rebuilt engines CAN be found for $1500.00 if you look a little. Ask on the 356 registry as well (place a wanted ad)
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Jan 11 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #3

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

send me a PM, I know alot of the local guys in MA...4k is to much to pay IMHO unless its fresh...

On the other hand, send me a pm..
I have a 60 super, and a 64c, and a 64c conv...and and..
The first two are for sale btw...
Rich
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:45 AM