Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help from any 356 guys out there
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomkirkcis
Hi guys. Sorry to post off topic but I have a short time frame to make a descison on a purchase and hope someone out there knows the 356 market better than I do,

I am restoring a 60 356 cab barn find. The original number case engine was apart in baskets. It is at the engine builder, but I need a lot of items (starter, generator, some tin etc) to ultimately put it back together.He also works like a snail.

I ran across a nice running COMPLETE engine, from aircleaner to clutch with complete exhaust and muffler. I could plug in and go. I could finish the correct engine whenever and put it on the shelf. It is only a normal and not the correct year for my car but it would be minimal hassle to get to DRIVE it.. Is this worth 4k?
scotty b
That's a little steep UNLESS it has a reputable rebuild behind it. Decent running not so recent rebuilt engines CAN be found for $1500.00 if you look a little. Ask on the 356 registry as well (place a wanted ad)
r_towle
send me a PM, I know alot of the local guys in MA...4k is to much to pay IMHO unless its fresh...

On the other hand, send me a pm..
I have a 60 super, and a 64c, and a 64c conv...and and..
The first two are for sale btw...
Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.