Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Targa top underside: need pictures to redo it
type4org
post Jan 16 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #1

You need PLAID!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,212

When I bought my '76 the original top had a glass sunroof in it (!), but the seller had another top laying around and I took that instead. It didn't have the liner installed, but it seems I'm also missing a piece across the front, there's four unused screw holes across and the parts book says a piece of padding should be attached. Looks more like a metal rail across in the parts book picture.

Would anyone have some good pictures from a late model (preferably '76 or '75) targa top's insides with everything on it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 16 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(type4org @ Jan 16 2007, 05:49 AM) *

When I bought my '76 the original top had a glass sunroof in it (!), but the seller had another top laying around and I took that instead. It didn't have the liner installed, but it seems I'm also missing a piece across the front, there's four unused screw holes across and the parts book says a piece of padding should be attached. Looks more like a metal rail across in the parts book picture.

Would anyone have some good pictures from a late model (preferably '76 or '75) targa top's insides with everything on it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the front supports/trim pieces should be different for any models. So, any front trim pieces should fit your spare top (lucky you have it!). Not necessarily so with rubber trim, though.

C'mon guys - enlighten me if I'm wrong here! Always learning when it comes to the later 914's.
Pat
+Quote Post
type4org
post Jan 17 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #3

You need PLAID!

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 16 2007, 11:02 PM) *

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the front supports/trim pieces should be different for any models. So, any front trim pieces should fit your spare top (lucky you have it!). Not necessarily so with rubber trim, though.

C'mon guys - enlighten me if I'm wrong here! Always learning when it comes to the later 914's.
Pat

Actually I don't have the "molested" top, I left it with the seller who probably threw it out. I made the mistake of not checking both to see if any parts are missing or salvageable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 18 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Mittlemotor near Essen should have some tops laying around in the basement. They did have a bunch of used parts when I was there 3 years ago. Call them.
+Quote Post
type4org
post Jan 18 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #5

You need PLAID!

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 18 2007, 10:36 AM) *

Mittlemotor near Essen should have some tops laying around in the basement. They did have a bunch of used parts when I was there 3 years ago. Call them.

I don't need a top. I just need some pictures of the underside so I can complete mine. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:43 PM