Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Restoration, Your opinion on a book please
IanStott
post Jan 24 2007, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,199

Automotion.com advertises a 914 restoration guide, any one familiar with this publication? i'm trying to find something to get for my bodyman who is going to do the work that I can't do. I'm really good at checking fluid levels and washing and waxing, my body man is an artist who has worked on other cars I've owned and his work is excellant, I'm trying to find a way to give him the info he will need without paying him his rate to spend hours surfing the net or other media to learn about this particular car. Thanks.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
ws91420
post Jan 24 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #2

Yes I have one a Lensley 914

From: Ruther Glen,VA (halfway between sticks and civilization)
Member No.: 1,137
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

If it is Brett Johnsons book is more a guide of what was period correct on these cars not a how to to restore the car and bodywork. It has alot of info as to what came on what models years and was available.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jan 24 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(IanStott @ Jan 24 2007, 10:29 AM) *

Automotion.com advertises a 914 restoration guide, any one familiar with this publication? i'm trying to find something to get for my bodyman who is going to do the work that I can't do. I'm really good at checking fluid levels and washing and waxing, my body man is an artist who has worked on other cars I've owned and his work is excellant, I'm trying to find a way to give him the info he will need without paying him his rate to spend hours surfing the net or other media to learn about this particular car. Thanks.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Ian,

What year is your 914?

Dr. Brett's book is a very good source of info, but has a few problems with the pre-73 cars. I've been through the book many times & fund faults every time I go through it, though they are usually with the option of early cars.

I would suggest that you check in with the historical forum on this site for more info.

Go there & tell us just what you want the car to be.

Pat G.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:11 AM