Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
Automotion.com advertises a 914 restoration guide, any one familiar with this publication? i'm trying to find something to get for my bodyman who is going to do the work that I can't do. I'm really good at checking fluid levels and washing and waxing, my body man is an artist who has worked on other cars I've owned and his work is excellant, I'm trying to find a way to give him the info he will need without paying him his rate to spend hours surfing the net or other media to learn about this particular car. Thanks.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ws91420
If it is Brett Johnsons book is more a guide of what was period correct on these cars not a how to to restore the car and bodywork. It has alot of info as to what came on what models years and was available.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(IanStott @ Jan 24 2007, 10:29 AM) *

Automotion.com advertises a 914 restoration guide, any one familiar with this publication? i'm trying to find something to get for my bodyman who is going to do the work that I can't do. I'm really good at checking fluid levels and washing and waxing, my body man is an artist who has worked on other cars I've owned and his work is excellant, I'm trying to find a way to give him the info he will need without paying him his rate to spend hours surfing the net or other media to learn about this particular car. Thanks.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Ian,

What year is your 914?

Dr. Brett's book is a very good source of info, but has a few problems with the pre-73 cars. I've been through the book many times & fund faults every time I go through it, though they are usually with the option of early cars.

I would suggest that you check in with the historical forum on this site for more info.

Go there & tell us just what you want the car to be.

Pat G.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.