Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Last Dash For VAN Cash!, Nows the time people. read this
rick 918-S
post Nov 21 2003, 05:47 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Here's the skinny, I spoke with Brad. We have an idea how much the van bill is going to be and it looks like were short. Between now and Sunday night we need everyone to hit the PayPal account as hard as you can. It's easy. Every can afford something. Come monday Brad will contact his benifactors and ask them to make up the balance. I don't want him to have to do that. This was our project together. I want us to finish it. Don't worry about donating too much. There is a 914 Club Event coming up. The balance can be used for that.

I want you to think about how long we have been working to help Dave and his family out. Were at the finish line with fresh tires. We just need to take a shortcut onto pit road for a splash-and-go to to Win. If you never felt Victory now is the time!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
12 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(100 - 119)
rick 918-S
post Nov 22 2003, 02:42 PM
Post #101

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Nov 22 2003, 08:01 AM)
Yes, it chokes me up just thinking about finally delivering the van, I won't miss that for the world!! You gonna show up for it? I hope you can as Dave is really a great guy and worth all the effort.

Geoff

My schedule won't permit it. I know someone will post pictures for all us guy's across the country. There's been some great donations today. I thought we would have stalled out by now. Day and a half to go. Every buck counts now more than ever. Gotta go out and get some work done in garage now. I'll check in later.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 22 2003, 02:54 PM
Post #102

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

I will be able to make the drive..dont know how I will get back.. but we will firgure that out.

B
+Quote Post
fiid
post Nov 22 2003, 03:17 PM
Post #103

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

When do you think you will drive up?
How long will it take?

I might be able to go with and bring you back.

Fiid.

Maybe we can make it a convoy? A procession of 914s going up the west coast?
+Quote Post
scottb
post Nov 22 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #104

who wants a PEZ?!

Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

i got dibs on a ride with dave when i am out that way in august visiting family. i will keep the 'herbal' tea from spilling!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
+Quote Post
914MF
post Nov 22 2003, 06:07 PM
Post #105

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,112

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Glad to help.
+Quote Post
Qarl
post Nov 22 2003, 08:21 PM
Post #106

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

Wow! Thanks everyone. This really makes me smile. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Think about all we've done. Geoff and Brad and I think Bruce started this drive.. Pretty soon we started raising money with a story and some photos.

I got the letter published in Excellence magazine (not sure if it helped, but we got exposure). And I held my "matching contribution" campaign when everyone chipped in.

And then there were a half dozen or so e-bay auctions that directed the funds towards this effort (bearings, custom airbrushed t-shirts, new and used parts!)

Then the big swap meet at that heat exchanger place...

And the big effort to pick up the car from the psycho sales woman... and the quest to transport it up north.

And the engine saga....

And look where we are... within sight of the finishing line. Way to go.... EVERYONE!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Thank you so much.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Nov 22 2003, 10:40 PM
Post #107

Hey nice rack! -Celette

I can truely say I've never seen anything like this. If this kind of fund raising were done by one of the big charity's the recipents would be lucky to receive 10 cents on the dollar. Were getting closer but the clock is ticking boys and girls. No donation is too small. Give from you heart an know all the money is going directly to a friend.
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Nov 23 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #108

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I think we ought'a contact one of the movie guys. This could be a big hit at the box office. How about Stephen Speilberg?
NO WAIT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Stephen King would be best... Kinda like his movie Christine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) But there'd be a good twist at the end when we get the VW to Daves house.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
bruce
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 23 2003, 04:52 AM
Post #109

914 Freak!

I can stick a letter in George Lucas' mail box. He lives one exit up from me and two exits up from the shop.

Ok.. as of 3:04 am Sunday morning: 2806.44

Only 100$ since 1pm or so.

B
+Quote Post
cnavarro
post Nov 23 2003, 06:30 AM
Post #110

Cylinder Guru

Member No.: 49

There, made my $200 donation. That should bring us over the $3000 hurdle. Sorry it came so late. Hope it helps!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Nov 23 2003, 07:21 AM
Post #111

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Your right on time for this cnavarro. Very generious donation! See guys, it's not hard, and it doesn't hurt. We needed your donation to wake us all up this morning. Great job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Come on Gals, and Guys. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Just click, click, click, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) No donation is too small. You can even make it annonamus. "B" will just add it in. We are doing this! Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....
+Quote Post
krk
post Nov 23 2003, 10:03 AM
Post #112

Member No.: 22

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 23 2003, 05:21 AM)
Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....

Coffee in the morning is a must!

"morning rich" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

kim.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 23 2003, 03:33 PM
Post #113

914 Freak!

3006.44$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Thanks Charles.

I can see me driving a van with naked chicks hanging off the wheelchair lift now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif)

B
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Nov 23 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #114

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24

I think we should deliver the van to Dave at HOOTERS!!!

Geoff
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Nov 23 2003, 05:14 PM
Post #115

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441

Wouldn't that be a kick in'da butt!!! Deffinetly would need the video cam for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) best idea I've heard yet.
Bruce
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Nov 23 2003, 09:06 PM
Post #116

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm in for a few. I think I did it right. I used the donate link in the top right corner.

What's the running total?

- Joe
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Nov 23 2003, 11:07 PM
Post #117

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(krk @ Nov 23 2003, 08:03 AM)
Looks like I'm pouring coffee again this morning. Here's one for you cnavarro my friend. Who's next....

kim.

Hey Kim! Sorry, Didn't mean to ignore you all day. I polished off the coffee and went out to the garage. I now have primer on the M3! Woo Hoo!

KaptKaos, Yes that's the Pay Pal button. You did the right thing. Brad will give us the total as soon as he checks in. I'm sure he is breathing a sigh of relief. Do you all realize what this means to Dave and his family?

OK, I kicked in too. there is still time to click on the pay pal box for a friend. No one is forcing anyone to do it. Just help with what you can. Your $ 10.00 is that much less Brad will have to ask for tomorrow. We all know he's great at giving (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) and average asking for help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You all have seen me spurring this cause on. I wouldn't do it if I thought I was asking for something we couldn't do. We all got behind this and were going to finish it in grand style! You guy's and gal's are the best! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
krk
post Nov 23 2003, 11:43 PM
Post #118

Member No.: 22

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 23 2003, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE(krk @ Nov 23 2003, 08:03 AM)

kim.

Hey Kim! Sorry, Didn't mean to ignore you all day. I polished off the coffee and went out to the garage. I now have primer on the M3! Woo Hoo!

Oh sure. Now you're pressuring me by actually *working* on an alleged "car" today. Sure, it's not a Pcar, but it's German. Sheesh. What next? More pics of your 8? You would shame us all into action then -- in preparation for The Classic™. (don't do it .... the massive number of 914'a on the road for the classic would swamp all local facilities and the fun factor would bring the Governator down to talk to us all)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)

Ok. It's sunday night, and I won an ebay item for less than expected.

Brad-o-la (that's his new title folks, he's too bashful to say it -- he may pronounce it "brad-o-la-la-la, I'm not completely sure), please add $50 to the check I owe you. If that don't kick the week off, we're missing the game here. This puppy needs a home, and we are The Delivery Van™.

(I know -- you're thinking "hey kim, wtf? A delivery van? That's the best you can do? From a marketing perspective, you should be saying "we're the Elise" or "we're the new carrea"." Sorry folks -- Delivery Vans RULE! They bring nearly everything that matters.... FedEx, The Brown Guys, etc .... think "function over form" .... but I digress)

I will admit to being willing to participate in Delivery Options. Once we're locked and loaded, this will definitely be the final game!!!!!

Till then, follow an Alien's advice tonight.

Sleep well.

kim.
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Nov 23 2003, 11:45 PM
Post #119

914 Freak!

3166.44$

B
+Quote Post
Korijo
post Nov 24 2003, 12:28 AM
Post #120

[]D o [] o []V[] o []D

Member No.: 914

Just got back from an early turkey day, and see this (IMG:http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif)

Everyone deserves a pat on the butt (like football, ya know ?) (IMG:http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/images/smilies/crazy.gif)

Damn Seahawks !?!? (IMG:http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/images/smilies/damn.gif)
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 10:39 PM