Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shifter Knob 914 vs. 911
swm914
post Feb 3 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,484
Region Association: None

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and to 914 ownership. I just bought a 1974 2.0 in Phoenix Red. One of the first easy things I want to do is replace the original shifter knob with another original era knob that has a legible shift pattern on the face under the bubble. I suppose mine deteriorated with age. I've come across some for sale in various places that say the 914's and 911's from that era had the same knob. I'm hoping someone can confirm that for me. Anyone know where I can find one? I see one on Ebay now but the picture isn't any good plus I want to make sure I know what I'm getting is right for the car. Also, did 914's in 1974 have optional knobs with other types of faces, say for example, the Porsche symbol? Any advice greatly appeciated. Thanks Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 11:45 AM