Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> is my engine toast?, help with crazy noises?
runfaster
post Feb 3 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,789

i bought a 2.0 and i took my 1.7 out to see what kind of running shape the 2 liter was in....it had some issues, so i went to put the 1.7 back in and when i cranked it up i was getting this crazy bearing squeal that sounded like it was comming from the alternater or around that area followed by a huge knocking and clunking sound from head on the driver side.

i dropped the engine and swapped out with a spare alternator and when put it back in and cranked it i still had the same noises. i dropped it again and checked the starter and new clutch kit. they look fine.

i did notice that when i spin the flywheel, #3 and #4 rockers seem to be moving in and out properly, but #1 and #2 i only get #2 exhaust moving and nothing else....

does this make any sense? if not i can try to explain differently....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:50 PM