Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speaking of hell holes and rust, And buying and selling
orthobiz
post Feb 4 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm gonna try to attach a pic of a hell hole I received recently, wonder what it looks like to members of the forum. I think it's hard to judge, drain tubes in the way, etc.

Attached Image

Since I've been looking to buy a car, I've seen many ads and pictures. I thought it might be a good idea if a "nailed" post were added that could serve as a general guide for how pictures "should" look. Maybe in the "originality and history" area.

For instance, pictures of the trunks with and without boards/liners. Pics of the battery tray (so many pictures are taken from the passenger side and totally miss it!). The interior from both angles (with dashtoppers removed): how many times does the steering wheel cover the instrument cluster/dashtop junction where so many cracks occur?

Then, sellers could be directed to the World with a better idea of how to take pictures and buyers would have a much better idea of whether or not to go see the car! And whether to ask another member for a PPI.

By the way, everyone has helped this newbie so much in the past month. I just want you to know this is a great site and I appreciate it!

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 4 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #2

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Pull the battery and anything in the way....have a shop vac and long narrow extension to get down in there.
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 4 2007, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

thats just a pic of the battery, MPS and charcoal can...big deal those don't rust and block the view on the other side of the battery. Needs to be a shot angle like this to see the hell hole.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Feb 4 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Geoff, that's EXACTLY the idea. If we had a few pics like this in one spot, on a separate thread, people selling these cars would have an idea of what I'm (we're) talking about.

People go out and take the time and trouble to take a picture of the area and send it to me, I just feel bad to say "no, silly, that's just a pic of the charcoal can!" But I guess the
drain tubing isn't there obcuring things either in your picture.

Meanwhile it's a great picture angle. Looks like Tom Cruise could have taken it in Mission Impossible hanging from a wire. lol

Paul
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Feb 4 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #5

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Its not hard, you just shoot from the drivers side. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Here's a car I PPI'd for a guy.....$2500 price with the engine all apart in boxes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) Car was sweet everywhere except here...nice effin repair.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:23 AM