Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking of hell holes and rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orthobiz
I'm gonna try to attach a pic of a hell hole I received recently, wonder what it looks like to members of the forum. I think it's hard to judge, drain tubes in the way, etc.

Click to view attachment

Since I've been looking to buy a car, I've seen many ads and pictures. I thought it might be a good idea if a "nailed" post were added that could serve as a general guide for how pictures "should" look. Maybe in the "originality and history" area.

For instance, pictures of the trunks with and without boards/liners. Pics of the battery tray (so many pictures are taken from the passenger side and totally miss it!). The interior from both angles (with dashtoppers removed): how many times does the steering wheel cover the instrument cluster/dashtop junction where so many cracks occur?

Then, sellers could be directed to the World with a better idea of how to take pictures and buyers would have a much better idea of whether or not to go see the car! And whether to ask another member for a PPI.

By the way, everyone has helped this newbie so much in the past month. I just want you to know this is a great site and I appreciate it!

Paul
Joe Bob
Pull the battery and anything in the way....have a shop vac and long narrow extension to get down in there.
Bleyseng
thats just a pic of the battery, MPS and charcoal can...big deal those don't rust and block the view on the other side of the battery. Needs to be a shot angle like this to see the hell hole.
orthobiz
Geoff, that's EXACTLY the idea. If we had a few pics like this in one spot, on a separate thread, people selling these cars would have an idea of what I'm (we're) talking about.

People go out and take the time and trouble to take a picture of the area and send it to me, I just feel bad to say "no, silly, that's just a pic of the charcoal can!" But I guess the
drain tubing isn't there obcuring things either in your picture.

Meanwhile it's a great picture angle. Looks like Tom Cruise could have taken it in Mission Impossible hanging from a wire. lol

Paul
Bleyseng
Its not hard, you just shoot from the drivers side. headbang.gif

Here's a car I PPI'd for a guy.....$2500 price with the engine all apart in boxes. chair.gif Car was sweet everywhere except here...nice effin repair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.