Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> F.Y.I. Updated info on early 73 vin 47329000001 thru, 47329001100ish. if yours is in there i need info.!!!
Tom_T
post Jun 12 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #41

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(orange914 @ Jun 9 2011, 08:59 PM) *

Yep it sold before making it to the hemmings print.

Tom I bestow the honor to you to take th torch and head up early 73' info.

Mike

Hey Mike, seriously - I was hoping you'd keep on the early 73 info topic as a way to keep active on the baord here, and was hoping to convince Pat Garvey & "the powers that be" on here to have it as a nailed topic in the O&H forum.

That is, if you're game to have a semi-official role here! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Sure, semi official status sounds good. It was fun digging up the info on these. Your input really helped out too.

I'm really glad the car went to a great owner. Never know when another 914 may show up here, so no plans to cut and run. Loved the 6 years our family was involved with them. Not sure if you've seen my newest venture.
http://5starmediaworkscom/

Mike

Mike, your new venture looks really cool - especially with your "Orange" so prominently displayed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I did finally find your ad in the June Hemmings.

So keep up the good work - both on your new venture & on the early 73 914's here!

As to a future 914 in your stable ..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ..... it would make an interesting build thread for an adapted 914 which you could drive, maybe off of a Sporto transplant into a solid 73-74 2.0 project car or solid driver who's starting cost &/or provenance/condition/CW-ness wouldn't make it prohibitively expensive to do the conversion to non-original trim (for example, your Orange was waaay too nice to bastardize that way) ...... maybe adding acc & brake hand controls on the wheel & an auto-clutch Sportomatic (still shift but no clutching).

IIRC there was a member who got a Sporto & its Pedal Cluster from a 911 or 912, and added the Sporto to his stick 914 to make it easier for him to drive it (knee problems or something IIRC). Go look .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

Just a thought! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gms
post Jun 12 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I parted out 4732901319 about 20 years ago and remember that it had early doors
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:06 AM