Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Painting issues, Opinions and referrals
ppickerell
post Feb 5 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #1

914 addicted

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,246

I have a fair amount of money (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) in my 73 2.0 on mechanicals . I want to paint it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) and have stripped off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) all but trunks and interior. Body is great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) with a couple of small dents. No rust issues (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) . I need side marker holes, windshield washer jet holes, antenna hole and padge pin holes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) welded up and would like to get a paint job worthy of the $15K (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) I sunk into mechanicals.

I spoke with a well known north bay shop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) familiar with 914's and we discussed $7K-$8K ballparks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) . I respect the right to charge what the market will bear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif) but what I am looking for is a $4K-$5K paint job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) or less (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) if possible. I will put all the seals/trim back on myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) . The trunks and jambs are fine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) .

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Am I nuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ?

Who in the SF bay area can do the job RIGHT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) ? This is not a concourse (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) job. Will they
be able to match my existing paint? What paint should I specify? #of coats? Clear coat?

I would appreciate suggestions and referrals.

Thanks,
patrick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:15 PM