Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Moving Battery, Moving Battery to front
xperu
post Feb 6 2007, 06:21 AM
Post #1

TEXAS

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,213
Region Association: None

I want to move my battery to the front of the car, please give me some direction on the best way to run the cable through the car, the gage of cable and the best way to mount the battery. Thanks Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Feb 6 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #2

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

I purchased a battery relocation kit from Jegs. Came with a plastic box cable etc. I ran my cable on the inside of the rockers into the trunk.

I did have to make my own mountings though... I think there are pics of it in my progress thread. Look at the signature for the link.
+Quote Post
xperu
post Feb 8 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #3

TEXAS

Member No.: 6,213

QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 6 2007, 06:21 AM) *

I want to move my battery to the front of the car, please give me some direction on the best way to run the cable through the car, the gage of cable and the best way to mount the battery. Thanks Mike

Thanks I will call them today. Mike
+Quote Post
John
post Feb 8 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #4

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

I used welding lead. It's oversized to be sure, but I know it is more than capable of carrying the amps. I ran my cable under the fuel tank, through the center tunnel and around the engine with the rest of the original harness. I exited the engine compartment at the drivers side rear and then goes directly to the starter. I extended all the other large gauge red leads up to the front to connect directly to the battery positive terminal. (I suppose I could have landed them at the starter terminal and saved some wire.).

I put my battery in a plastic marine case. (I'm too cheap for the Optima battery)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:54 PM