Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moving Battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
I want to move my battery to the front of the car, please give me some direction on the best way to run the cable through the car, the gage of cable and the best way to mount the battery. Thanks Mike
tdgray
I purchased a battery relocation kit from Jegs. Came with a plastic box cable etc. I ran my cable on the inside of the rockers into the trunk.

I did have to make my own mountings though... I think there are pics of it in my progress thread. Look at the signature for the link.
xperu
QUOTE(xperu @ Feb 6 2007, 06:21 AM) *

I want to move my battery to the front of the car, please give me some direction on the best way to run the cable through the car, the gage of cable and the best way to mount the battery. Thanks Mike

Thanks I will call them today. Mike
John
I used welding lead. It's oversized to be sure, but I know it is more than capable of carrying the amps. I ran my cable under the fuel tank, through the center tunnel and around the engine with the rest of the original harness. I exited the engine compartment at the drivers side rear and then goes directly to the starter. I extended all the other large gauge red leads up to the front to connect directly to the battery positive terminal. (I suppose I could have landed them at the starter terminal and saved some wire.).

I put my battery in a plastic marine case. (I'm too cheap for the Optima battery)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.