Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT...ALL Bluetooth units are NOT the same....
Joe Bob
post Feb 9 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #1

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

A new law was passed that requires hands free cellphone usage and/or bans cells being used by the driver w/o one....so I used my Superbowl winnings to buy a new Pioneer in dash unit that has both an Ipod hookup and bluetooth for my cell.

Took out my perfectly good Alpine dash unit and trunk mounted CD changer....it's for sale (both units)...$200 for the first caller....

The new dash unit comes with a microphone and the caller can be heard thru the stereo speakers...the dash unit gives the caller ID and you can use the remote or dash controls for answer/hangup, etc....

The installer...a guy who does it very well....he also cleared out all the DAPO alarm mess....HIS phone works perfectly....it's a Motorola...mine an LG VX 8100 detects the unit but won't accept the input code.

Verizon, LG, Pioneer point at each other....NO SUPPORT from anyone.....they can't tell me if it's SUPPOSED to work or not. No one can give me a list of phones that DO work.....Pioneer at least gave me the five Bluetooth formats that they DO support.....

LG could or would not tell which Bluetooth format their own phone uses....

Can't find a Bluetooth contact number.....

Any ideas?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 11:35 PM