Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT...ALL Bluetooth units are NOT the same....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
A new law was passed that requires hands free cellphone usage and/or bans cells being used by the driver w/o one....so I used my Superbowl winnings to buy a new Pioneer in dash unit that has both an Ipod hookup and bluetooth for my cell.

Took out my perfectly good Alpine dash unit and trunk mounted CD changer....it's for sale (both units)...$200 for the first caller....

The new dash unit comes with a microphone and the caller can be heard thru the stereo speakers...the dash unit gives the caller ID and you can use the remote or dash controls for answer/hangup, etc....

The installer...a guy who does it very well....he also cleared out all the DAPO alarm mess....HIS phone works perfectly....it's a Motorola...mine an LG VX 8100 detects the unit but won't accept the input code.

Verizon, LG, Pioneer point at each other....NO SUPPORT from anyone.....they can't tell me if it's SUPPOSED to work or not. No one can give me a list of phones that DO work.....Pioneer at least gave me the five Bluetooth formats that they DO support.....

LG could or would not tell which Bluetooth format their own phone uses....

Can't find a Bluetooth contact number.....

Any ideas?
brer
the pass key (code) for the lg8100 bluetooth set up -----> 0000

thats all I can do for you.
don't know anything beyond that.
Joe Bob
Tried that as well as 1111, 1212......
r_towle
you wont like this. but it might show you what is going on.

http://www.bluetooth.org/spec/
Joe Bob
Ah screw it....I bought a used Razr on EvilBay.....I KNOW they will work.
r_towle
show me a pic or link to this head unit....sound like what I want...

Rich
Joe Bob
It's a Pioneer, DEH-P4900IB

r_towle
let me know how it works with the phone (once you get the phone connected)
I hate the ear bud things...and I travel alot in the car and talk...
just would love a first hand view if you can hear, and if they can hear you...or is it tunnel talking...

Rich
dgw
If there is an answer, its posted on this forum. There are some real cell phone wacko's over there.

http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

this is the link to the LG forum.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 9 2007, 08:47 PM) *

let me know how it works with the phone (once you get the phone connected)
I hate the ear bud things...and I travel alot in the car and talk...
just would love a first hand view if you can hear, and if they can hear you...or is it tunnel talking...

Rich

It works fine with a cell phone that has a compatible bluetooth platform. I borrowed the installers razr and was able to hear and talk on the freeway with the top down on my cabriolet....

The unit behind it has a single CD AND a dedicated IPOD plug that also charges it when plugged in....dash and remote work both the cell and the IPOD.
r_towle
cool, time to go shopping tommorow...

Rich
Joe Bob
QUOTE(dgw @ Feb 9 2007, 08:49 PM) *

If there is an answer, its posted on this forum. There are some real cell phone wacko's over there.

http://howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116

this is the link to the LG forum.

Thanks Dennis....but I think I'll take a pass on the pocket protector crowd over there...they make the 356 registry look tame....
dgw
[/quote]

Thanks Dennis....but I think I'll take a pass on the pocket protector crowd over there...they make the 356 registry look tame....
[/quote]

Yeah I know about the 356 guys, I had a super 90 roadster once and was a member.

I'm at Howards forum because I have an LG VX 8300 and I'm trying to figure out how to put my own music and ringtones on the phone. Actually, the music part is easy, but really, who wants to listen to MP3's on their cell phone. I just did it because I can.

The ringtones I'm still futzing with. I'll have to check out the Pioneer, I need something in the RS to plug my Nano into, and the 914 if/when I get it and put it on the street.
DerekKim
Might be a little late but did you try 1234? That's what mine was.
dgw
QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 9 2007, 08:45 PM) *

Can I safely assume this is a DIN faceplate that slides right into a 911 dash? Does it lose everything when you disconnect the battery or does it have some kind of memory?

How do you load the CD in that thing? I don't see a slot anywhere in the picture.

Boy, car radios have come a long way since the last time I bought one -- and gotten really cheap.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(dgw @ Feb 9 2007, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Feb 9 2007, 08:45 PM) *

Can I safely assume this is a DIN faceplate that slides right into a 911 dash? Does it lose everything when you disconnect the battery or does it have some kind of memory?

How do you load the CD in that thing? I don't see a slot anywhere in the picture.

Boy, car radios have come a long way since the last time I bought one -- and gotten really cheap.

I thought the LV 8100 would work like the IPOD....then I found the shuffle was non existent....it started at the same fargin song every time....

The CD slot is BEHIND the face plate, if flops down like a door then releases. Yes it is the same slide in feature....the face unit has it's own part number while the dash unit has another. I'll post it tomorrow.

It also has an internal battery for saving the presets and everyhting...pretty trick for like 300 bucks....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.