Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 97mm Arias pistons, I found a set!!! with pics
URY914
post Nov 23 2003, 07:14 PM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I been working this deal for a few weeks and didn't want to screw it up so I stayed quite, but now I can let it out.

I found a set of 97mm aluminum Arias type IV pistions with Deves rings and cylinders. From what I have learned from the seller, these were made by Arias for Compitition Engineering during the "80's. Ray Lietz was the mastermind behind CE and they were a very respected machine shop in Calf. Ray died and/or the shop burnt down and that was the end of CE. This may or may not be true but it is what I was told. I'm sure someone here knows more.

I don't have a scale to weigh these things but they are very light. They came with pins which have a very thin wall, see the picture. I know of one other guy that runs these and he says he is running "somewhere around10:1" c/r and uses race gas with stock F.I.

Here is the best part: the price. I got pistons, machined cylinders w/ perfect fins, new rings, lightwt wrist pins, and clips for.....$200.00!!!!

These have GOT to be worth $800!!!

Here are some pics.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:36 AM