Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Track Tires
orcadigital
post Feb 18 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,043

I have been running Victoracers the last several seasons with good success. I recently changed pressures drastically (running 48 to 50 hot) with good success as well, and have now found out that Kumho has discontinued the 205/50-15 size.

So now i am stuck going to a new tire, and not sure where to go. I am on a budget, and Hoosiers are not in the realm of possibility. I have been told the wear on the Ecsta's are closer to Hoosier levels, and i really need something that will last.

The 2 options i have been pointed to are the Toyo Proxes, and the Avons. The Toyos i am told are about .5 a second slower then the victos, but longer life. I can live with that, as there is a lot more then half a second to be found in my driving skill. The Avons i have heard mixed info on, everything from the best thing since sliced bread, to not worth it at all.

With my current wheels (Julian Racing 15x6) i cant run a 225 without flares (not an option for my class), so i am stuck with a 205 size. Car weighs in at 2356, stock 2L, nothing too fancy. It is a dedicated track car. I do 3 to 4 autocrosses a year, 4 to 6 DE's (if we'd stop losing our tracks, would be more), and plan to do 3 club races this year. Hot temp performance and longevity are my major concerns, as well as something that can run well with the limited camber adjustment on a stock 914.

Any thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:04 PM