Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SF Bay group buy on 914 R/C body
Dave_Darling
post Mar 11 2003, 04:27 PM
Post #1

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

From the sound of it (see this thread), shipping is going to be a reasonably major expense for the 914 R/C body group buy.

Is anyone interested in getting a SF Bay Area deal going on this? It could cut down on the shipping quite a bit. (Even more, if the car bodies stack or "nest" nicely!) One person would buy N of them from Ed, and the locals would stop in and get them in person... This would also cut down on the "hassle factor" for Ed, so it could be a win/win.

I could be the guy "in the barrel", but it would probably be better if someone who actually had a Pay Pal account were to bo the guy.

And, of course, this is all at the sufferance of Ed, who is being nice enough to do the whole distributorship thing for us.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 11 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Well,

I've already sent him payment via Paypal for two bodies...so I'm sure something could be worked out to save a few bucks.

Mike
+Quote Post
Demick
post Mar 11 2003, 05:29 PM
Post #3

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

I was thinking about this also. There are probably at least a dozen people within 10 miles of Dave that could easily just pick up the bodies from him (Sunnyvale, CA). I think the way to do this is to still have all of the money go directly to Ed. Everything would still work the same, but each person who wants to do this would specify that their body is being shipped to Dave (or whoever wants to volunteer to distribute the bodies). Cost per body should be in the $22 to $24 range (Ed to specify). When the bodies arrive, Ed sends a single shipment to Dave, and each person who has bought one of them must arrange to pick it up from Dave. This would cut down on costs, and cut down on the amount of shipping that Ed has to do, so it should be a win-win situation for everyone.

If Dave doesn't want to distribute, I will volunteer to distribute (I work about 2 minutes from Dave).

Ed - what do you think? And can you come up with a total cost per body assuming a dozen or so bodies would be group-shipped?

Of course, the only way this works is if enought people are interested, so if you would be interested and willing to pick up your body in Sunnyvale (or a roadglue 914 breakfast), reply to this thread and we'll see if there is enough interest.

Demick
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Mar 11 2003, 05:53 PM
Post #4

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

What the hell are these RC bodies?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 11 2003, 06:17 PM
Post #5

914 Freak!

Chris:

(IMG:http://www.witkowski.de/shop/media/18_13284.jpg)

Unpainted and with no other parts than a clear shell.
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 11 2003, 07:52 PM
Post #6

NorthROLLERcoaster

Member No.: 187

I think it is a great idea to group them and save cost. THat was in my first email was that the major cost was th eshipping. THe costs are based on size not weight.

THe bodies are coming straight frm Germany to me (ohio). I just talked to him, and he decides that it was easier for him to put in th eorder, I wire them the money on his behalf, and they are shipped straight to me. The cost is basically the same, but saves about a week in handling.

SO back to the group, go for it! We can adjust anybody who has submitted money for a single shipment, or add to it and ship all to them! The final price per unit has to be in the $22-$24 range. It would take about 12 or more to see that cost break, but that is a realistic number in your area.

Let me know, so we can get the order started, because it is about 3 weeks to get them after money is received.
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 11 2003, 07:58 PM
Post #7

NorthROLLERcoaster

I just calulated the cost for 12, and it looks like $23 each would do it. I am calculating that they fit nicely in 2 boxes.
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 11 2003, 10:16 PM
Post #8

914 Idiot

Excellent! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif)

As I said, I think it would probably be better for someone who had a Pay Pal account to be the contact. It would be a bit obnoxious to make Ed wait for a check to clear, and some of us are Luddites enough not to do the Pay Pal thing. (Yet. Hey, I finally have a cell phone, so anything is possible... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) )

--DD
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 12 2003, 06:17 AM
Post #9

NorthROLLERcoaster

Don't tell Mueller I mentioned this, but you should talk him into doing it. He already has the account, a real go-getter, etc.!

THat is between you and me but Mueller seems the perfect fit.

We have 20 without your order, so in another day we should be ready to order.

20+ your 12 =32 and I was ordering 40. If we beat the 40 I'll order more, but 40 was my minimum.
+Quote Post
djm914-6
post Mar 12 2003, 08:39 AM
Post #10

Happiness is: Getting on the road

Member No.: 248

Ed, I'll buy any extras if need be. As a mater of fact, bring a few extra with you to Hershey and leave them at my area. I'll bet more than a few will sell even unpainted.

All, If anyone wants me to paint theirs, Ed may be able to deliver them to me at the Hershey event next month. This will also save on any extra shipping. If you want to paint your own, but have questions, I'll be glad to help out.
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 12 2003, 08:48 AM
Post #11

NorthROLLERcoaster

Great idea!

This subgrouping is helping save some shipping cost. Anybody wanting to buy them and pick up at Hersey show, can get them for $23 each, since the shipping is $0 and pay me a $2 for gas. WOW I'll be rich!

In fact I'll overbuy by about 5-10 (if we are short of min.) to set you up and we can sell them for $25-$30 at the show to anyone not initially submitting to our plan.

How does that sound?
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Mar 12 2003, 03:49 PM
Post #12

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

I am in CA, but not the bay are (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .....can one of you bay area-ers (sp) ship it to me from there? would this still save me some shipping dough? TIA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Carrera916
post Mar 12 2003, 11:42 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 273

Hey,

I'm at the bay area and have the paypal account. I would mind help out since I want to buy two of the RC bodies.

Yes, I may be new to you but I've kept track of this wild (at times) BBS and feel comfortable to help out shipping for local CA areas if needed. Of course, it's cheaper for you to chip in the local shipping instead of Ohio or Germany.

Let me know,

jerry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 13 2003, 08:13 AM
Post #14

NorthROLLERcoaster

Hey Bay people, we are at 25 confirmed/billed bodies.

Get your designated person in order and lets get this stuff ordered.! It sounds like a couple of you are perfect to be the designated guy (breathing, buying, paypal)

I can deliver to Hersey swap meet, so contact me about ordering and picking up there. But we need to place the order now to ensure I get them in time!
+Quote Post
Demick
post Mar 13 2003, 09:11 AM
Post #15

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

Well, unless people have been contacting Dave directly, there doesn't seem to be much interest in the SF Bay group buy. Only Dave, myself, and Jerry have shown interest.

So if you are interested in participating in the SF group buy, reply to this thread with the number of bodies you want. Otherwise, I guess we'll drop it (actually, whoever is still interested, we can still do the group buy, but the price per body may be higher than $23 if we don't get enough people).

Demick
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 13 2003, 11:34 AM
Post #16

914 Freak!

Ed,

You can send the Bay Area ones to me if the buyers send you an e-mail specifing it...I have no problem getting them to whoever is on the list locally.

Mike Mueller
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 13 2003, 12:26 PM
Post #17

914 Idiot

I'm in for one.

--DD
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 13 2003, 02:10 PM
Post #18

NorthROLLERcoaster

Sure Mike Mueller, that's no problem, now I just need a count so I can tell you how much it is total.

Basically I can Charge everbody else $23, and you hit up for $1-$2 to cover your additional shipping. So the more people you deliver to, the less per person.

I think Monday AM is a good point to draw a line, and tally and order. We need time to get then in before everything changes.

Sound realistic?
+Quote Post
PorschePony
post Mar 13 2003, 02:11 PM
Post #19

NorthROLLERcoaster

Oh by the way, are you going to handle the money for the couple of people who don't have Paypal, and collect it from them with the car?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 13 2003, 02:20 PM
Post #20

914 Freak!

Hey Ed,

I'll handle the money for those slackers that have not stepped into the new world and have not used PayPal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Mike
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 05:06 PM