Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> coil ?
sk8kat1
post Mar 2 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,937

ok I just bought an engine from a car w/ an orginal 60 K on it so it has teh orginal black coil that is still in functioning condition an for the most part in overall good condition .. is this an item of interest to anyone other wise it is being replaced w/ a blue coil and the old black one is either on a shelf on in the rubbish bin

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Johny Blackstain
post Mar 5 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #2

Walnut Elite Stratocaster player

Member No.: 7,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have no idea if I'm right or wrong but I'd stash it, get a blue one & spray paint it flat black. Run w/ that one all the time & if you enter a show swap out the coil w/ the original.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Mar 5 2007, 08:59 PM
Post #3

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

I put a "blue" on my 914 when it was a year old, in'73. Motor seemed to idle smoother & peak better. But that could be me as a 26 year old punk, trying to convince myself that the blue coil was better. Looked better, too.

Still have the old blue, as well as the original (since painted red - don't ask). if anything, i'd have to say that it's lasted well. Bought a replacement blue 10 years ago & it's still on the shelf - right next to my asbestos brakes! (4 sets, too).

I would go with the blue until/if it breaks. Amazingly, they're still cheap today!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:16 AM