Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just my fuchin luck, Teener downtime
Brando
post Mar 8 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Well, it's been about 2 years but the teener isn't drivable at the moment. Throttle cable finally disintegrated -- the braided cable at the firewall was a disaster, and the nylon sheathing inside was toast as well. I putt-putted over to the shop this evening (boss had left for the day when I got there) and tried installing a loaner, but the stupid fuching metal sheath that goes over the outlet on the firewall is seized on there güdentite.

I'll get under there with an angle grinder and order a new cable altogether tomorrow. If it weren't stuck on there, I would have had the cable swapped out in a whopping 20 minutes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

At least then I can spend some more time on the engine assembly. I think the oil cooler, filter mount and some sheet metal are going on next. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Mar 8 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I've been there and feel your pain. Haven't had a 914 for a few years now BUT when I did I always carried a spare clutch cable and accelerator cable.

Paul
+Quote Post
Brando
post Mar 9 2007, 06:38 PM
Post #3

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Wellp, after about 20 minutes this afternoon I got the new throttle cable in. Feels smooth! Not wrapped around the clutch cable, on my first try.

~B(ack on the road)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:56 PM