Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just my fuchin luck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Well, it's been about 2 years but the teener isn't drivable at the moment. Throttle cable finally disintegrated -- the braided cable at the firewall was a disaster, and the nylon sheathing inside was toast as well. I putt-putted over to the shop this evening (boss had left for the day when I got there) and tried installing a loaner, but the stupid fuching metal sheath that goes over the outlet on the firewall is seized on there güdentite.

I'll get under there with an angle grinder and order a new cable altogether tomorrow. If it weren't stuck on there, I would have had the cable swapped out in a whopping 20 minutes. mad.gif headbang.gif

At least then I can spend some more time on the engine assembly. I think the oil cooler, filter mount and some sheet metal are going on next. unsure.gif
orthobiz
I've been there and feel your pain. Haven't had a 914 for a few years now BUT when I did I always carried a spare clutch cable and accelerator cable.

Paul
Brando
Wellp, after about 20 minutes this afternoon I got the new throttle cable in. Feels smooth! Not wrapped around the clutch cable, on my first try.

~B(ack on the road)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.