Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Californians - Here we go again!, A.B. 616 Threatens our way of life
anthony
post Mar 9 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #21

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

For those that don't read, this does't affect 914s that are already exempt. It means that those in CA with a '76 914 will have to get annual instead of bi-annual smog checks.

This is pure and simple a tax increase put on the backs of those that can't afford newer cars. For those of us with classic cars from the 1980s, it is no threat to the hobby. My cars pass smog every two years with flying colors so there is no reason they won't pass every year. This bill will not clean the air.

Perhaps we could rid the streets of middle aged cars by requiring that all non dealer sales be transacted in the presence of a DMV or CHP notary. They did that iin Virginia when I lived there. I believe DC required notarization of car sales as well. No driver's license, no title, no transaction. Coupled with the seizure of any vehicle driven by an unlicensed and/or uninsured operator, we'd see a HUGE drop in traffic, hit and runs, and emissions levels.

I'll all for that! That would get a lot of scum bags off the roads.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Mar 9 2007, 11:19 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

If you don't like the stuff this asshole keeps coming up with...put your money where your mouth is...send money to his opponent in the next election and let him/her know why you're doing it....how the fuck do you think this system works anyway....it's the golden rule...if ya got the gold...ya make the rules...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 08:08 AM