Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> front jack postion...
scottb
post Nov 28 2003, 07:30 AM
Post #1

who wants a PEZ?!

Group: Members
Member No.: 32
Region Association: North East States

i'm sure this has been asked before, but where would one place the floor jack to raise the front of the car with the back already up on ramps? need the extra space to move around under there.......

or would it be better to have the front on ramps and the rear up on jack stands?

thanks in advance.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Nov 28 2003, 07:47 AM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

i use a 2x12 to span the torsion bar tubes in the A-Arms when there is enough clearance.
it's been suggested that jacking under one torsion tube would probably be okay too.

when i'm lifting the whole car i usually do it side-to-side with a jack peg in the side receiver socket, but i've done it end-to-end too. there will be more clearance up front for spoilers and such if you lift it first, and the back second - the pitching movement really cuts down on the room you've got to work with. it might be easier to ramp the front and jack the back if you've got that option.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Nov 28 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #3

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

I drive up on 2x6 pads of wood on all four corners. Then jack the front under the torsion arm front brackets. Put jack stands under the donuts behind the front wheel arches. Go to back lift whole car by transmission (Solid mounts). Both wheels come off ground and put jack stands under suspension consoles. Rock solid
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:59 AM