Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front jack postion...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
i'm sure this has been asked before, but where would one place the floor jack to raise the front of the car with the back already up on ramps? need the extra space to move around under there.......

or would it be better to have the front on ramps and the rear up on jack stands?

thanks in advance.... beerchug.gif
ArtechnikA
i use a 2x12 to span the torsion bar tubes in the A-Arms when there is enough clearance.
it's been suggested that jacking under one torsion tube would probably be okay too.

when i'm lifting the whole car i usually do it side-to-side with a jack peg in the side receiver socket, but i've done it end-to-end too. there will be more clearance up front for spoilers and such if you lift it first, and the back second - the pitching movement really cuts down on the room you've got to work with. it might be easier to ramp the front and jack the back if you've got that option.
Joe Ricard
I drive up on 2x6 pads of wood on all four corners. Then jack the front under the torsion arm front brackets. Put jack stands under the donuts behind the front wheel arches. Go to back lift whole car by transmission (Solid mounts). Both wheels come off ground and put jack stands under suspension consoles. Rock solid
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.