Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My new car is (almost) here! Update 4/14, 1974 1.8 Phoenix Red in Peoria
post Mar 24 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 19
Region Association: Southern California

Paul,
For that kind of money you could not restore one, If I was the seller I would be crying about now.I am still crying about the 1971 M-471 Gt for 32.5K
I was one of many interested in that car,Well at least I own 914-6 #2385. You did "VERY" Well...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 25 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #42

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I have spent over 14,000 on the resto of just the tub of my 914/6. That is one damn fine 914!
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Apr 14 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Brad Mayeur has it now, got delivered two weeks ago to Peoria. He may not get to it until next month. New pics show more corrosion in the engine bay than I'd care to see! He didn't have much time to check it out, but he also took pics of the nicks and scratches.

There's a scratch not all the way through the brown driver's seat. Any advice on a vinyl fix for that?

The voltage regulator will be replaced (it's a Bosch but says VOLVO on it) and it's putting out 14 volts, maybe overcharging the battery and causing it to spew corrosive gas. When the bay gets redone I'll be sure to put in an Optima.

May add a front sway bar.

I'm beginning to chomp at the bit but I know it'll be worth the wait. Everyone has such wonderful things to say about Brad and he's been great with me so far.

I'm glad the FedEx trip was uneventful.

Paul

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post May 1 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #44

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

What a beautiful car....I know Brad will do his magic and he is a trusted member of the Porsche community.

He'll do you right. As to the cleanup around the Hell-Hole, I sincerely hope it comes off the way you need, to make it as righteous as the rest. This is one that does need to have the proper saving graces spent to make it whole and magnificent.

Great photos, great find, and may you have the finest teener on the block when done.

Its a keeper !

mrgreenjeans
+Quote Post
mrgreenjeans
post May 1 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #45

mrgreenjeans

Member No.: 7,520
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Mar 23 2007, 03:16 PM) *

It could use a little more work. I buffed with a Makita buffer and sponge pad using Maguires medium and light cleaner. Then hand glazed with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze followed by Maquires #26 paste wax. I highly recommend the 3M product and Maguires paste for your car when needed. I would not use a power buffer on your car since the paint is so nice as is.

I heartily agree with the methodology in using the 3M Imperial Hand glaze---(tan, not the white, which dries too quickly and leaves a powdery residue.)

And as a top coat wax, the Meguiars does an outstanding job. I also like Klasse, and then too....Race Glaze is an excellent choice for a quick and painless shine. It goes on fast and sweet, dries to a haze almost instantly and wipes away with a cotton cloth or towel with an absolutely perfect finish.

And I stay away from the power buff deal with any expensive or irreplaceable O.E. finish, as the damage can be fast and permanent. A little extra time and energy spent with a short and deliberate hand application, in small segments, does wonders for the car, the soul, and your own upper body strength !

There's nothing so sweet, as peering thru sweat beads dripping on your nose, at a hand applied wax job, glowing in the driveway.

And Porsches love it----------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:51 PM