Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JE Pistons, Help
914Timo
post Mar 20 2007, 04:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

I have decided to update my 3,0L six. I have already bought new-to-me cylinders from later 3,2L engine. Now I am going to buy a set of new JE pistons.

Can anybody recommendate any shops ? I have thought to buy them from bird-boys (PelicanParts). Or should I order them directly from JE ??

From bird-boys pages there are no info if I need to measure my cylinders before ordering the pistons. Or do they make only one sice that fits all ?? Do all 3.2s have exactly the same cylinder diameter ?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks,
Timo
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
cnavarro
post Mar 20 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #2

Cylinder Guru

Member No.: 49
Region Association: None

Yes, you need to measure your cylinders - they will invariably vary in size at least .0005". Once you have a range of actual measurements, you have to size the piston accordingly to the smallest bore, meaning you will have some loose pistons. The only real way around that is to replate the cylinders and match hone to the new set of pistons. There is no one size fits all JE piston :-)

I would recommend purchasing through EBS Racing - make sure to give them all the measurements so that they can size the piston properly. I myself don't typically sell the JEs sans cylinders...
+Quote Post
914Timo
post Mar 21 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 137
Region Association: Europe

Ok, thought so too. I will measure my cylinders and give a call to EBS.

Many thanks, Charles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)

Timo
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:20 PM