Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JE Pistons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Timo
I have decided to update my 3,0L six. I have already bought new-to-me cylinders from later 3,2L engine. Now I am going to buy a set of new JE pistons.

Can anybody recommendate any shops ? I have thought to buy them from bird-boys (PelicanParts). Or should I order them directly from JE ??

From bird-boys pages there are no info if I need to measure my cylinders before ordering the pistons. Or do they make only one sice that fits all ?? Do all 3.2s have exactly the same cylinder diameter ?? confused24.gif

Thanks,
Timo
cnavarro
Yes, you need to measure your cylinders - they will invariably vary in size at least .0005". Once you have a range of actual measurements, you have to size the piston accordingly to the smallest bore, meaning you will have some loose pistons. The only real way around that is to replate the cylinders and match hone to the new set of pistons. There is no one size fits all JE piston :-)

I would recommend purchasing through EBS Racing - make sure to give them all the measurements so that they can size the piston properly. I myself don't typically sell the JEs sans cylinders...
914Timo
Ok, thought so too. I will measure my cylinders and give a call to EBS.

Many thanks, Charles thumb3d.gif

Timo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.