Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Watching This One?, Will help answer .......
rwjames
post Mar 26 2007, 12:10 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,136
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 26 2007, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(rwjames @ Mar 26 2007, 07:04 AM) *

Looks like the auction for this Six ends soon, but it hasn't met reserve yet.

Has anyone done a PPI on this car or know anything about it?

The car looks pretty nice in the photo's, but they don't always tell the entire story.

Ouray is a 4 to 6 hour trip from Denver (and in the moutains). At this time of year you'd better just take a 4WD vehicle if you want to get there if you want to be sure you will make it back home. I didn't realize that this car was in Ouray or I might have actually tried to see it this weekend when I had 4 days off. Damn! I would like to have seen it.

Mike,

I wish you had made it to look at this car over the weekend. At the time, I was considering the Six in Costa Mesa, but that one didn't pan out. I would like to get an honest opinion on this car.

If this car doesn't sell on Ebay, I may look at it. Do you have any idea where I should fly into to get to Ouray? Looks like it's at the end of the world.

Rich

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
73Phoenix20
post Mar 26 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,283

FWIW:

Those aren't "Panosports" on the Creamsicle... Those are original Mini Lites in the 6" x 15" size, mounted with brand new Michelins, IIRC, in 195/60 size. I sold them to the owner some time ago. See attached photo.

The /6 is a fantastic example, considering it has been driven / used and properly maintianed over the years...

NOM however, to the extent as described in the ad... not sure that really matters anymore...

If I could afford unlimited funds, I would buy the /6... and the Creamsicle... but alas... not to be!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 26 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(rwjames @ Mar 26 2007, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 26 2007, 11:19 AM) *

QUOTE(rwjames @ Mar 26 2007, 07:04 AM) *

Looks like the auction for this Six ends soon, but it hasn't met reserve yet.

Has anyone done a PPI on this car or know anything about it?

The car looks pretty nice in the photo's, but they don't always tell the entire story.

Ouray is a 4 to 6 hour trip from Denver (and in the moutains). At this time of year you'd better just take a 4WD vehicle if you want to get there if you want to be sure you will make it back home. I didn't realize that this car was in Ouray or I might have actually tried to see it this weekend when I had 4 days off. Damn! I would like to have seen it.

Mike,

I wish you had made it to look at this car over the weekend. At the time, I was considering the Six in Costa Mesa, but that one didn't pan out. I would like to get an honest opinion on this car.

If this car doesn't sell on Ebay, I may look at it. Do you have any idea where I should fly into to get to Ouray? Looks like it's at the end of the world.

Rich

Good question. There's no quick and easy way to get to Ouray. But it's an awesome trip in late spring, summer or fall. Anyway, it would be a long drive from CoSprings. This time of year I'd probably fly into Denver, rent a car and travel I-70 west and then down to Ouray. On the other hand, you might be able to fly into Denver or CoSprings and take a puddle jumper to Durango area or Grand Junction. Let us know if you make the trek the Denver. We have a large 914 contingent and like to visit with folks traveling through town.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 02:08 AM