Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heading to 914 Mecca, Visiting UCLA & San Fran: 4-Apr (Wed) through Sunday
ptravnic
post Mar 22 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 747
Region Association: None

Being that school doesn't start til Aug/Sep (still not sure where I'm going) I'm doing my best to enjoy every day of freedom I have til then! I'll be in Winter Park for a week starting this coming Sat (24-Mar), then off to Moab for a few days of mtn biking, then to 914 Mecca (LA/San Fran).

Any must see's along the way?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 7)
TROJANMAN
post Mar 22 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

if you're going to Winter Park, try and catch the Ski Train to Denver
Perhaps we can have a group dinner with ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Mar 22 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #3

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

If you're driving from LA to SF, you're gonna want to take 101 so you can stop and enjoy the Cap'n's hospitality! Might also wanna check out UCSB while you're passing through................. The Cap'n
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Mar 22 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Perhaps we can have a group dinner with ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Funny that you mention Denver. I'll be staying in Denver Fri night (I'm meeting w/friends who fly in Sat AM). I just figured I'd find a place to grab a bite and watch some college hoops. I'm open for suggestions/meeting up!

Capn - I already have all my applications in. UCSB is a fine school, just not on my short list (ND, NYU, Columbia, UCLA). I'll know by the end of May just where I'll be going... And about the hospitality, I do plan on taking the "long route" of 101 & hwy 1...

-pt
cell: 212-286-0626
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Mar 22 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(ptravnic @ Mar 22 2007, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Funny that you mention Denver. I'll be staying in Denver Fri night (I'm meeting w/friends who fly in Sat AM). I just figured I'd find a place to grab a bite and watch some college hoops. I'm open for suggestions/meeting up!

Capn - I already have all my applications in. UCSB is a fine school, just not on my short list (ND, NYU, Columbia, UCLA). I'll know by the end of May just where I'll be going... And about the hospitality, I do plan on taking the "long route" of 101 & hwy 1...

-pt
cell: 212-286-0626

I don't live near the airport, but if you're solo, you're more than welcome to crash in my basement Friday night.
+Quote Post
TonyAKAVW
post Mar 22 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #6

That's my ride.

Member No.: 166

If you are going to check out UCLA, take Sunset Blvd. from there to PCH (Hwy 1). From UCLA to the coast its not a bad drive, can have traffic but its LA, traffic is everywhere. Once you get to the coast, you can take PCH all the way to Oxnard and then take 101 through Santa Barbara, through Goleta, Gaviota, and then it turns inland and you go through a really great tunnel and some nice deep canyone before you emerge in what I consider the start of central California. Alteratively, you could take the 405 from UCLA to the 101 North, and then take the famous Mulholland Highway over the mountains and down to PCH. If you manage to do that on a Saturday or Sunday morning you'll see a good sampling of LA's supercar selection, some 914s, tons of bikes, etc.

Aroud UCLA of course there is a ton of stuff to see/do. If you take Sunset east from UCLA thats the famous section with all the clubs, and so forth.

-Tony
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Mar 22 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Mar 22 2007, 11:38 AM) *

Aroud UCLA of course there is a ton of stuff to see/do.
-Tony

Ya, just don't piss on the bruin, i 'hear' you can get arrested for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
ptravnic
post Mar 22 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 03:13 PM) *

I don't live near the airport, but if you're solo, you're more than welcome to crash in my basement Friday night.

Very nice offer. I reserved a spot at a hostel downtown. Its been a few years since I stayed in one so it's a bit of nostalgia... Plus, it costs something like $15 for the night... I'll probably get into downtown sometime mid afternoon.

-pt
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 01:00 PM