Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heading to 914 Mecca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Being that school doesn't start til Aug/Sep (still not sure where I'm going) I'm doing my best to enjoy every day of freedom I have til then! I'll be in Winter Park for a week starting this coming Sat (24-Mar), then off to Moab for a few days of mtn biking, then to 914 Mecca (LA/San Fran).

Any must see's along the way?
TROJANMAN
if you're going to Winter Park, try and catch the Ski Train to Denver
Perhaps we can have a group dinner with ya wink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
If you're driving from LA to SF, you're gonna want to take 101 so you can stop and enjoy the Cap'n's hospitality! Might also wanna check out UCSB while you're passing through................. The Cap'n
ptravnic
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Funny that you mention Denver. I'll be staying in Denver Fri night (I'm meeting w/friends who fly in Sat AM). I just figured I'd find a place to grab a bite and watch some college hoops. I'm open for suggestions/meeting up!

Capn - I already have all my applications in. UCSB is a fine school, just not on my short list (ND, NYU, Columbia, UCLA). I'll know by the end of May just where I'll be going... And about the hospitality, I do plan on taking the "long route" of 101 & hwy 1...

-pt
cell: 212-286-0626
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Mar 22 2007, 09:42 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Funny that you mention Denver. I'll be staying in Denver Fri night (I'm meeting w/friends who fly in Sat AM). I just figured I'd find a place to grab a bite and watch some college hoops. I'm open for suggestions/meeting up!

Capn - I already have all my applications in. UCSB is a fine school, just not on my short list (ND, NYU, Columbia, UCLA). I'll know by the end of May just where I'll be going... And about the hospitality, I do plan on taking the "long route" of 101 & hwy 1...

-pt
cell: 212-286-0626

I don't live near the airport, but if you're solo, you're more than welcome to crash in my basement Friday night.
TonyAKAVW
If you are going to check out UCLA, take Sunset Blvd. from there to PCH (Hwy 1). From UCLA to the coast its not a bad drive, can have traffic but its LA, traffic is everywhere. Once you get to the coast, you can take PCH all the way to Oxnard and then take 101 through Santa Barbara, through Goleta, Gaviota, and then it turns inland and you go through a really great tunnel and some nice deep canyone before you emerge in what I consider the start of central California. Alteratively, you could take the 405 from UCLA to the 101 North, and then take the famous Mulholland Highway over the mountains and down to PCH. If you manage to do that on a Saturday or Sunday morning you'll see a good sampling of LA's supercar selection, some 914s, tons of bikes, etc.

Aroud UCLA of course there is a ton of stuff to see/do. If you take Sunset east from UCLA thats the famous section with all the clubs, and so forth.

-Tony
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Mar 22 2007, 11:38 AM) *

Aroud UCLA of course there is a ton of stuff to see/do.
-Tony

Ya, just don't piss on the bruin, i 'hear' you can get arrested for that laugh.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 22 2007, 03:13 PM) *

I don't live near the airport, but if you're solo, you're more than welcome to crash in my basement Friday night.

Very nice offer. I reserved a spot at a hostel downtown. Its been a few years since I stayed in one so it's a bit of nostalgia... Plus, it costs something like $15 for the night... I'll probably get into downtown sometime mid afternoon.

-pt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.