Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.8 rebuild, 1974 Porsche 914 1.8 rebuild
orange914
post Mar 25 2007, 01:05 AM
Post #21

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

On mine I used D-jet so I couldnt specifically say other than its my understanding
that it should be EASIER to tune a slightly modded L-jet motor. Basicaly Fuel presure, Flapper gear and fine idle screw (I'm sure someone will step up and tell me I wrong and full of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )
I bought a set of KB 96's and Hasteing rings from Raby (with the correct Pin height for the 1.7/1.8)
the only other thing I did to mine was rebuild a set of 2.0 heads slap on the 2.0 FI 2.0 SS HE's and a Bursch Exhaust modded for a WB02 sensor (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
Geoff used his LM1 to tune the MPS and its a kick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

is the only difference with 1.7 and 2.0 d-jet f.i. system in the computor programming? if you where to put a hotter cam or increase c.c.'s on a 1.7 engine with D-jet (or in this case a hot 1.8 L-jetconverted to D-jet), would a 2.0 computored D-jet system give a tunable air/fuel for such a set-up? how about tweeking the regulator to increasing fuel pressure? i've heard the stock 914 injectors flow better volume than many other injectors under increased pressures. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 06:39 PM