Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Volvo's new commercial, perimiter alarms etc.
jimtab
post Mar 26 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 91
Region Association: Northern California

Just how much do we want to encourage breeding from the shallow end of the gene pool? Volvo has just introduced cars with alarms that go off when you get too close to the rear of another car ( shown in the commercial the gal was picking something off of the floor of the passenger side....on the highway....at speed....) and then the next commercial shows a dummy beginning to exit the freeway(from the 2nd lane of course) and in the right lane, in his blind spot is a motorcycle...of course he doesn't turn his fucking head to look...he just starts over after a check of the rs mirror...and a flashing signal tells him he missed the mc in the lane....I don't know if this pos also parks itself but when will manufacturers quit catering to the dumbest mfs in the world... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) OH and Volvo... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 26 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jimtab @ Mar 26 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Just how much do we want to encourage breeding from the shallow end of the gene pool? Volvo has just introduced cars with alarms that go off when you get too close to the rear of another car ( shown in the commercial the gal was picking something off of the floor of the passenger side....on the highway....at speed....) and then the next commercial shows a dummy beginning to exit the freeway(from the 2nd lane of course) and in the right lane, in his blind spot is a motorcycle...of course he doesn't turn his fucking head to look...he just starts over after a check of the rs mirror...and a flashing signal tells him he missed the mc in the lane....I don't know if this pos also parks itself but when will manufacturers quit catering to the dumbest mfs in the world... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) OH and Volvo... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

I couldn't agree more!! Sadly, they are doing the same thing with airplanes. Soon there will no longer be any pilots, only systems operators. And when the systems break, I hope my ass isn't flying along that day.
+Quote Post
abbott295
post Mar 27 2007, 05:36 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,468

So I can spend full-time on the cell phone? Never could get the hang of talking and driving on the cell phone at the same time. Or these computer abreviations. Ha, ha, ha. (LOL)
+Quote Post
MrKona
post Mar 27 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 4,469

I thought the same thing when I saw those commercials. What bothers me even more, is that after the warning signal saves them, they get this calm, satisfied look on their faces, rather than what they should be saying to themselves, which is "Pay attention, dumb ass!"
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Mar 27 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96

Haven't seen that one. But they have another commerical about a heartbeat detection sensor in their cars. So as you're walking up to your car and you try to unlock it, your keys will blink letting you know there's a beating heart inside. Tell Tale Heart, indeed.

I wonder if it'll also let you know you left your baby in the car?

Jen
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Mar 27 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

must .... resist .... posting ....

ahhhhhhhhh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blowup.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:42 PM