Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volvo's new commercial
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
Just how much do we want to encourage breeding from the shallow end of the gene pool? Volvo has just introduced cars with alarms that go off when you get too close to the rear of another car ( shown in the commercial the gal was picking something off of the floor of the passenger side....on the highway....at speed....) and then the next commercial shows a dummy beginning to exit the freeway(from the 2nd lane of course) and in the right lane, in his blind spot is a motorcycle...of course he doesn't turn his fucking head to look...he just starts over after a check of the rs mirror...and a flashing signal tells him he missed the mc in the lane....I don't know if this pos also parks itself but when will manufacturers quit catering to the dumbest mfs in the world... WTF.gif OH and Volvo... finger.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(jimtab @ Mar 26 2007, 06:27 PM) *

Just how much do we want to encourage breeding from the shallow end of the gene pool? Volvo has just introduced cars with alarms that go off when you get too close to the rear of another car ( shown in the commercial the gal was picking something off of the floor of the passenger side....on the highway....at speed....) and then the next commercial shows a dummy beginning to exit the freeway(from the 2nd lane of course) and in the right lane, in his blind spot is a motorcycle...of course he doesn't turn his fucking head to look...he just starts over after a check of the rs mirror...and a flashing signal tells him he missed the mc in the lane....I don't know if this pos also parks itself but when will manufacturers quit catering to the dumbest mfs in the world... WTF.gif OH and Volvo... finger.gif

I couldn't agree more!! Sadly, they are doing the same thing with airplanes. Soon there will no longer be any pilots, only systems operators. And when the systems break, I hope my ass isn't flying along that day.
abbott295
So I can spend full-time on the cell phone? Never could get the hang of talking and driving on the cell phone at the same time. Or these computer abreviations. Ha, ha, ha. (LOL)
MrKona
I thought the same thing when I saw those commercials. What bothers me even more, is that after the warning signal saves them, they get this calm, satisfied look on their faces, rather than what they should be saying to themselves, which is "Pay attention, dumb ass!"
Jenny
Haven't seen that one. But they have another commerical about a heartbeat detection sensor in their cars. So as you're walking up to your car and you try to unlock it, your keys will blink letting you know there's a beating heart inside. Tell Tale Heart, indeed.

I wonder if it'll also let you know you left your baby in the car?

Jen
SirAndy
must .... resist .... posting ....

ahhhhhhhhh blowup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.