Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Variable muffler options
yarin
post Mar 26 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #1

'14-X'in FOOL

Group: Members
Member No.: 693
Region Association: North East States

I'd like to go with a different muffler setup on my 914, ideally a muffler that allows me to switch between two modes (ie: ferrari 575m muffler as mentioned on this board)

I know there are other manufacturers that use a similar techonology, I couldn't find that much. But I believe Nissan started using them in 2000+ Altima and Sentra models.

Right now I have a 4-2-1 header system running to a flowmaster muffler. It's just too loud for street use and I really doubt it will pass the dB requirements at limerock.

While I would really like the Tangerine Evo II muffler it exceeds my budget. I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible.

Any suggestions for an adjustable muffler solution? Or even a standard muffler? I know I'll have to create exhaust hangers and all the goodies.

Thanks

I attached a pic of the exhaust system before I installed it two years back. Alternative I have a 4-1 supertrapp which i'd like to avoid..

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Mar 26 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

i have a eurorace 4-1 header.... and i modified a single in single out bananna 911 muffler.

it has the twin tips that are basically a straight thru, and the stock exit quiets it down some.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63852
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Mar 27 2007, 12:04 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 116
Region Association: None

Don't know if this helps or not, but the early 90's Twin Turbo Stealths and Mitsu 3000 GTVR-4's had two different exhaust settings. Both cars had 2 twin pipe exhausts(4 outlets total), and a sport and tour mode switch on the dash, I believe in tour mode only one outlet in each side was open, Sport opened all four. Its been a while since I owned one and that's from memory, but it may be worth checking out.

Ferg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:21 PM