Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Variable muffler options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I'd like to go with a different muffler setup on my 914, ideally a muffler that allows me to switch between two modes (ie: ferrari 575m muffler as mentioned on this board)

I know there are other manufacturers that use a similar techonology, I couldn't find that much. But I believe Nissan started using them in 2000+ Altima and Sentra models.

Right now I have a 4-2-1 header system running to a flowmaster muffler. It's just too loud for street use and I really doubt it will pass the dB requirements at limerock.

While I would really like the Tangerine Evo II muffler it exceeds my budget. I'd like to keep it under $200 if possible.

Any suggestions for an adjustable muffler solution? Or even a standard muffler? I know I'll have to create exhaust hangers and all the goodies.

Thanks

I attached a pic of the exhaust system before I installed it two years back. Alternative I have a 4-1 supertrapp which i'd like to avoid..
Aaron Cox
i have a eurorace 4-1 header.... and i modified a single in single out bananna 911 muffler.

it has the twin tips that are basically a straight thru, and the stock exit quiets it down some.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=63852
Ferg
Don't know if this helps or not, but the early 90's Twin Turbo Stealths and Mitsu 3000 GTVR-4's had two different exhaust settings. Both cars had 2 twin pipe exhausts(4 outlets total), and a sport and tour mode switch on the dash, I believe in tour mode only one outlet in each side was open, Sport opened all four. Its been a while since I owned one and that's from memory, but it may be worth checking out.

Ferg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.