Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch Help Needed...what's wrong?, lots of pics..."Where' Waldo?"
computers4kids
post Mar 30 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #1

Love these little cars!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,253
Region Association: None

Brand new 215 SACHS clutch, pressure plate, throwout, and re-surfaced flywheel. With the trans bolted, and no clutch cable connected, the clutch should be engaged--but it is not. You can also move the clutch arm without too much effort.

Took everything apart and all looks good??? Could the throwout bearing be depressing the plate from some reason when I bolt it all up....which would explain why the clutch is not by default engaged and the clutch arm is not to hard to move? I'm thinking the plate fingers are partially depressed making them easier to move further.

There is one washer under the clutch pivot arm from when I did a new clutch when I had the 1.8 motor.

Looking for ideas...I'm baffled...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 12:23 AM